Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
2,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I discovered that my 02 GT is only spinning one tire. Did a burnout in my friends neghborhood, only to have him laugh at me (I wasn't amused), and I also found only one fender covered in rubber after a night at the track. I have heard all newer stangs come standard with Limited-Slip and the code on the door also says axle - LE. Is the 8.8 rebuild kit the solution to my problem? I plan on getting 3.73's so having both tires spin for traction is a must. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
145 Posts
I had 3.73's installed in my car and they told me my LSD was toast. They said that the stock LSD is very weak and it is common to break teeth. They also had to replace my carrier bearings. It aint cheap ill tell you that. They wanted $270 for the part + install, so im one legging it for now :(

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
FunkyBoss said:
I discovered that my 02 GT is only spinning one tire. Did a burnout in my friends neghborhood, only to have him laugh at me (I wasn't amused), and I also found only one fender covered in rubber after a night at the track. I have heard all newer stangs come standard with Limited-Slip and the code on the door also says axle - LE. Is the 8.8 rebuild kit the solution to my problem? I plan on getting 3.73's so having both tires spin for traction is a must. Thanks in advance!
I'd upgrade to something stronger since your going to be digging into the rear end anyway.

·
Registered
3 Posts
That sucks...sorry to hear that man. I have spun the tires a couple of times in my sisters GT and i too thought only one tire was spinning but didn't have anyone outside to check it out. Im guessing these ford rear ends dont last past 50,000 miles-ish?? What size are they by the way on a manual...3.22 or something like that?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.