Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2007 mustang gt convertible. Red
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a couple of the linkages for the dash vents of my 07 gt. Local dealership said the part isn't available, only the vent assembly at $250 each. I'll add a picture as soon as I can figure how to do that. I may not have enough post.

Here's what I looking for.
Brown Wood Beige Hardwood Metal
Brown Rectangle Wood Tints and shades Beige

·
Tech Advisor
2014 GT, 1967 Fairlane GTA
5,373 Posts
Ford would never have sold those little pieces separately since the part would always be an assembly. I'm shocked at how much the vent costs but I assume that you went to your local dealer instead of looking online. Your best bet is a salvage yard or Ebay for a used one. An online Ford dealer like Tasca, FordPartsGiant, etc would be another good option if you wanted a brand new vent but you can expect to pay at least $100 online for one + shipping: Ducts for 2007 Ford Mustang | TascaParts.com

·
Registered
12,316 Posts
looks like the little tab is broken off? wonder if you can drill a hole and use a little nut and bolt instead?

or check with a local machine shop to see how much it would cost to make one ... and when you get up off the floor, the Ford price for the entire assembly will look a lot better, LOL ;)

·
Registered
7,180 Posts
I'm guessing that those deformable tabs go into corresponding square holes, and at least one of the holes is mangled as well. Use the part as a template and fabricate something. I'd probably use some thin gauge steel sheet, cut a dog-bone shape, a hole on each end, bend to mimic the raised center then some short sheet metal screws/ glue to fasten it in place.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts