Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i went to change my throttle and egr spacer to a 70 mm bbk. and found inside intake some kind of liquid. i put it back together because i spoke to a friend and they said its fine just run it but now im worried. im going to take it off again today and see. anybody have a clue what it could be and what could be causing this? its all stock.

·
Registered
350 Posts
The EGR spacer has coolant lines running through it, helping cool the EGR gases that are being introduced to the fresh air stream. But at no time should coolant be getting into the air intake. When the gasket seal is broken, the coolant will be visible.

·
Registered
350 Posts
There's nothing to drain. IF the gasket was bad and letting coolant into the intake, then the new gasket/ BBK unit would solve the problem. If it's still a concern, keep an eye on the coolant level to make sure you're not consuming coolant into the engine.

·
Registered
264 Posts
you need to get that sealed up if you continue to run your car with a leaking EGR spacer causing your car to suck down coolant its a quick way to destroy your O2 sensors and Cal Converts (If installed) you can also do a coolant bypass until you fix the gaskets.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts