Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a friend who has a 2011 Porsche Boxster S with the PDK transmission and sport chrono package. It is a 987 Generation II with 310 horsepower. I dont know much at all about Porsches. He is always putting my car down saying how bad his car would beat mine. So I have two questions, who would win in 1/4 mile drag race? How bad would I get beat in an autocross course? Assuming equal driver abilities. I have a 2013 GT, 6MT, 3.55 axle, Brembo Brake Package, aftermarket axle back exhaust.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
the mustang would probably roast the porsche in a drag race because the porsche would end up snapping an axle from wheel hop or hooking up.

autocross it could be either car. the new boss blows the M3 out of the water around the turns. a boxster is really just the modern version of the 944. its a poor mans porsche. they arent really all that fast when you compare them to pretty much any other european sports car.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Boxter S will do a 1/4 mile in high 12's so this should boil down to a drivers race. Run him and he will respect the STANG.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Yeah the new boxster s is pretty darn quick and alot of fun to drive. I test drove one about 2 months ago just for fun.
I think from atleast a roll our tq and hp advantage will pull away from the porsche, but also cant forget about the lightning fast auto's these cars have now.

I definetly would not go as far as calling the new boxster, let alone the S a poor mans Porsche, they are alot better than the proceeding model and look much sharper now too. Remember these things are even more of a purist car than the 911. and still costing well over 70,000, more than double our car.

Lets see a boxster with 400 bhp then lets see how that does. 911 would be completely cannibalized so it would never happen.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts