Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought an 88 GT 5.0 and i noticed today that when i let the car run for a little while (revved a little) that there was little water spots about the size of an orange below my pipes, it is not smoking the oil isnt milky, and it doesnt overheat, is it the head gasket?, and if not what else could it be (the car did sit for about 5 or six months prior) Please help me i really hope its not the head gasket.:nono:

·
Registered
682 Posts
why do people get so worked up when water comes out of a tail pipe? couldnt it just be condensation or water from rain...? i honestly dont know what water in an exhaust means

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok i drove the car about 6 miles from my buddies house i bought it from, then i parked it, the next day is when i saw this happen, i heard it could just be condensation but i just wanna make sure.

·
Registered
682 Posts
if it was the bad thing what does water in the exhaust actually mean? cuz i seen brand new cars like a year old shoot water from the tail pipes

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i heard it could be the head gasket but im not sure i know about as much as you , someone also told me that sense it was cold out it could have been condensating when it was running, it might be nothing, im not sure lol

·
Registered
340 Posts
Pipes are you and then you heat em up real quick, causes moisture in the air to evaperate ind the "steam" collects on the exhaust and is forced through it.

If you get a chance to look at a muffler that is showing some rust on the outside, open it up and it will most likely be worse on the inside, as long as you arent in illinois where the salt on the roads destroys everything....

·
Registered
46,020 Posts
Most likely condensation, you're not the only one who gets that. :D

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
Not to worry til you have coolant in the oil or an overheating problem.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks alot everyone you know how it is u dont want anything to happen to your pride and joy,anybody have any mod advice?

·
Registered
390 Posts
Well if you have cats on the car, water is a by-product of catalytic converters.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts