Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, just tried cleaning the engine, and apparently that fabric thing attached to your hood does not like water, degreaser, or scrub brushes, and now its kinda...peeling and comes off like dog hair.

Any idea where I can get a new one if its needed? Or what I am looking at? I 'cant wait' to fire it up and see if I tosted any electronics... :(

Maybe this fixing thing isnt for me :p

·
Registered
344 Posts
it is a heet sheild for the paint on your hood, if your not running high temps you won't have a problem without it.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it is a heet sheild for the paint on your hood, if your not running high temps you won't have a problem without it.

She seems pretty warm and I think I got issue with my temp gauge, it also seems to be a life saver:

Removing hood insulation? - Ford Mustang Forums

So any idea's on where to find a new one? ebay is no help, and how much is this little peice of fabric gunna run me? :p

Its still on there now, just....ugly looking now :p

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
46,020 Posts
They are major dust and dirt traps... clean up under the hood and close it. Open it back up and look... dust everywhere. I haven't had an insulator since the mid 90's and haven't had a problem with it steaming or paint fading.

·
Registered
614 Posts
yeah i say yank it off!! that just my opinion, I dont keep them on. Even if it is new it will begin to separate and sag after a while and like mentioned above they are dirt traps. But if you do want to get a new one try this website....Mustang Hood Insulators at LRS - Same Day Shipping!

Andrew

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.