Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since my car will not be in for some time, I still have time to review which tint I want. I will be getting the SYNC package, Sirius and using my Droid in the car. I was wondering if the dealer was really honest that I will need the metal free, and more expensive, CTX type or can I use the Premium Dyed Charcoal and still use the SYNC system and my Sirius radio/

Thanks!

MS Blue Pony

·
Dragon Tail Master
2013 Mustang V6 Brembo
2,580 Posts
Since the Antennae is on the trunk it will not effect the Sirius (In Fact metalized tint did not effect Sirius in my Mazda and the antennae was inside the Dash) and I never had problems with phone reception at all.

·
Registered
330 Posts
the metalic tint won't affect it at all. all the antennas are outside the car, second it wouldn't affect them much if it was inside the car either.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the response. I figured that the dealer would push the higher end tint and market it as the only one to use. I would be using my Droid for Nav, does't get as pissed off when you decide to go a different way.
MS Blue Pony

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I think most of the charge for tint is in the labor. Why bother putting in cheap material?

There's also the question of cell phone reception, right?

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I went to a place called a better tint and was very satisfied. They do work for the Ford dealer in that area. Checked Google and it was rated extremly high. I even had the clear bra installed as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts