Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One thing I loved about my old car is that if I wanted to keep it running, like in the winter, I could lock it.
That wierd "can't lock the keys in" with my new Mustang was making think that cars are becoming too smart for people's own good but... if you have the keyfob you can lock/unlock the doors with the ignition on. Just thought I'd share my mundane findings. So keep a keyring that's detachable for the key and fob.

·
Registered
599 Posts
I noticed that too, I keep my fob on a quick release chain so I can run in and leave the car runnin. :winks

·
Registered
12,243 Posts
I live on the West Coast...leaving your Stang running while you run inside is a sure way to guarantee yo will be walking and someone else will be driving your pride and joy. I guess you could lock the car while leaving it running, they may help. But with the car theives around here, I am sure they have a way around that too.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Ford offers a remote start system I found it on their website, the part number is 19g364 and for securilok 19g365. I was thinking about getting one for the car but I've had a mild winter so far so maybe next year.

·
Registered
599 Posts
mrvandermey said:
I live on the West Coast...leaving your Stang running while you run inside is a sure way to guarantee yo will be walking and someone else will be driving your pride and joy. I guess you could lock the car while leaving it running, they may help. But with the car theives around here, I am sure they have a way around that too.
:eyepoppin Wow. Yea the car is locked and not out of sight.:winks

·
Registered
265 Posts
mrvandermey said:
. I guess you could lock the car while leaving it running, they may help. But with the car theives around here, I am sure they have a way around that too.
I wonder if the call it a brick, LOL.

BC

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.