Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

Please help! I've searched and searched here but no info to help. Two years in a row, FORD has listed a key lock gas cap for the 05 and now 06 Stang. I want one. However, neither my dealer nor the FORD Customer Service Center apparently, could care less to help me. I know this thing exists!

Are there any FORD dealers out there who can help me? According to the owners manual, use of a non FORD approved gas cap voids the warranty on the entire fuel system should a failure result. So Stant, being the only ones who have one, can't be used.

I need someone in FORD who cares about me to help. Apparently my 29K for the car matters and I don't anymore.

Yes, as a 1st time FORD buyer I'm very displeased. I can't even get a set of Pony Package matching floor mats in Lt. Graphite. They say they don't exist when they do!

If this is how service is with FORD, no wonder they are headed into the tank.

I do however, love my 'stang!

Manny

·
Registered
604 Posts
I have been told that the 2005 F-150 gas cap is the same.......or at least thats what I have on mine, so far no troubles. hope this helps, Tim

·
Registered
559 Posts
Mustang Manny said:
Hey Guys,

Please help! I've searched and searched here but no info to help. Two years in a row, FORD has listed a key lock gas cap for the 05 and now 06 Stang. I want one. However, neither my dealer nor the FORD Customer Service Center apparently, could care less to help me. I know this thing exists!

Are there any FORD dealers out there who can help me? According to the owners manual, use of a non FORD approved gas cap voids the warranty on the entire fuel system should a failure result. So Stant, being the only ones who have one, can't be used.

I need someone in FORD who cares about me to help. Apparently my 29K for the car matters and I don't anymore.

Yes, as a 1st time FORD buyer I'm very displeased. I can't even get a set of Pony Package matching floor mats in Lt. Graphite. They say they don't exist when they do!

If this is how service is with FORD, no wonder they are headed into the tank.

I do however, love my 'stang!

Manny
Dear Manny,

I searched the internet and found that "Stant" makes a locking fuel cap for about $12.95...

I purchased it over the net and it came in three days...

Couldn't be happier because even if Ford had one, they would want $25.00 for it...

Dave :eyebulge: :eyebulge: :eyebulge: :eyebulge:

·
Registered
172 Posts
I've also got a F-150 locking gas cap on mine and it seems to work just fine. On the off chance that there's an issue, however, I'm keeping my original gas cap stashed away in my garage. :eyepoppin

·
Registered
183 Posts
martimus said:
I've also got a F-150 locking gas cap on mine and it seems to work just fine.
I does work fine w/o any issues. Ive had one now for 8 months.

·
Registered
559 Posts
martimus said:
I've also got a F-150 locking gas cap on mine and it seems to work just fine. On the off chance that there's an issue, however, I'm keeping my original gas cap stashed away in my garage. :eyepoppin
YES!!!

Always keep your stock parts in the garage or storage area...

You never know when you may need it...

D

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
did u try pep boys or somthing i found one for my 00 gt over there

·
Registered
129 Posts
does the locking cap for the F150 use the retainer strap? The one from stant doesn't.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Quick Question regarding the fuel neck

Do our cars come equipped with a butterfly in the fuel neck where we insert the nozzle? I recently had someone try to syphon gas out of my Stang and thought they may have damage the neck. I seem to remember there being one....

Thanks!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts