Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some input regarding a potential long distance car purchase. I'm in the market for a year old car and likely will buy it from out of state and have no problems buying a car sight unseen from a dealer. Not so confident dealing with a private seller though. Is it out of the question to ask a local dealer to inspect the car, take posession and get it on a truck for shipment? Of course I'd be more than willing to pay a reasonable fee. Anyone know if this is unreasonable expectations? your input would be appreciated.

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
I can't see a dealer doing that for you for a car that is not being bought from them.

There are car inspection companies that will do an independent inspection for you and give you a report before you buy but I don't know of any that will help with transport.

I have bought two used cars long distance, one from someone I sort of knew through a forum like this one and one from a dealer. On one I had it shipped to me and on the other I flew out and drove it back. Both turned out just fine but you are taking your chances when you buy like that.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I've bought two long distance. On both occasions, I flew out, inspected, paid, and drove it home.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.