Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey there.
I have searched the forums for a response to this and found nothing quite right so i appologise in advance if i missed something.

Im looking to install a set of LT headers on my 05 GT and so ive been looking around at the various options. The thing is, i get the impression that the power gains to be found are pretty much the same across all the different brands - however the price varies hugely. At one end I can get a set of kooks for $1500 or at the budget end a set of steel painted pacesetter's for $300. JBA's/BBks/motosteel etc they are all somewhere in the middle, the question is what is 'really' the difference? is it all in the finish/fit?

Im not exactly bothered too much by the appearance (i.e. ss or ceramic or painted) i just want the sound & performance...

Can anyone out there shed some light on this?

·
Registered
440 Posts
The difference is not only price but which brand has the best exhaust scavenging. This is key to better performance and the ability to let that Pony exhale. Kooks has one of the better set ups although as you know they are a bit pricey. They make a quality engineered long tube.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
You might care about material or looks at the moment However, if you buy a set of those pacesetters and have to replace them in a year when they rust through or the welds crack and you get really nice exhaust leaks, you might change your mind.

You get what you pay for.

The JBA's are a good header. I've run them before and they are pretty nice. However, I still would go Kooks if it were me.

·
Registered
10,860 Posts
The cheeper ones are the headers only. No mid pipe. the high priced ones use T304SS and include a mid pipe with X or H with or without Catts. You just have to remember is you get what you pay for.

I know Tillmans sell the Kooks cheeper then that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.