Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of you installed long tube headers. I'm ready to buy but so far I haven't been able to find to much info on them. Can you tell me the brand, any problems with the installation and if you have Dyno it before and after? So far I know JBA, Hooker, Stainless works and Mac make them. Any body else? Any info you can provide will be great!!!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
2005 BlK GT said:
How many of you installed long tube headers. I'm ready to buy but so far I haven't been able to find to much info on them. Can you tell me the brand, any problems with the installation and if you have Dyno it before and after? So far I know JBA, Hooker, Stainless works and Mac make them. Any body else? Any info you can provide will be great!!!
Anybody???

·
Banned
128 Posts
From what I understand it is not a traight bolt in.

you have to gut sotck exhaust to make it fit.
there is an "X" pipe that will bolt up to it.

Gains from long tubes are worth the money..shorts are no good.
my 2 cents

·
Registered
897 Posts
Kooks also make a set of long tube headers for the 05. I believe you can get them from Jim at JDM Engineering.

I received my titanium ceramic coated JBA long tube headers last week. I will be installing them over the winter once I decide which mid pipe I'll be using.
This will give me time to install my pullies and any other mods I can tink of before dyno tuning.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Stainless Works also has a great set. With the Kooks, you don't have to change the engine mounts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts