Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I've been waiting patiently for about a month now for this headers to be shipped they are "PaceSetter 72C3229 Performance Armor Coat Long Tube Exhaust Headers" off of amazon.
The problem is that I just now noticed that it says it will fit 96-00 Base, Gt, cobra mustangs. Will it also fit on my 2003 mustang gt?

·
Registered
288 Posts
Not to burst your bubble, but we have a different transmission then those earlier gt's, so it's not looking good :/

·
Registered
8,704 Posts
They should be fine, there's no way that ad description is accurate. "Base" would be a V6, and Cobra has different cylinder heads than a GT, so there's two models right there that they won't fit. The only possible issue I can think of is if your car has an auto trans; due to it being larger than a manual some lt's won't clear it.

A little off topic but wanted to make sure you're aware of a couple things that many don't consider before strapping on lt's.... 1) The install is horrible (made easier by using an aftermarket K member though. Sure you've already been warned on that but just wanted to remind you that it's going to be more miserable than 19th century dentistry). 2) If you ever have to remove the transmission for some strange reason like, I dunno, a new clutch maybe; you will need to remove at least one of the headers

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea I thought maybe they would be fine as far as fitment but I didn't want to take a chance on being halfway through on the install and find out that they don't fit... So I bought some Hooker super comps instead. Will I need aftermarket arms to go with the kmember? Or anything else?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts