Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my next mod is going to be exhaust. Going with Mac Headers because of the price and they have historically had excellent power for the price for Mustangs.

Mac offers longtubes with primaries of 1 5/8in (MACTF2405) and 1 3/4in (MAC20546) both ceramic coated.
So go bigger more top end? or smaller more torque. but I do not want to choke the top end, ever.

I've always been weary of going to big on primares for street cars but these 3 valve heads seem to flow pretty darn well so I'm not really shure.

Since other mods factor in, I'll be running these headers with a High Flow catted Prochamber (MAC-PC4625), Charge Motion Deletes, JLT II intake and stock muffs.
I'll probably have some muff delete pipes made for track days and car show/cruises.

I wouldn't mind putting in some shorter gears to make up for any loss of torque either.

The only other mod that may come after the warrenty expires would be ported heads and cams. I'm going to wait awhile to let the aftermarket work all the bugs out of those as I have no interest on being in on the cutting edge of that deal.

Looking forward to hearing about everyones opinion and experiences :eyepoppin

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
I dont think the 4.6 has enough displacement to really take advantage of the 1 3/4th.
I think your better off with the 1 5/8th unless your plannind ot add a SC later.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know that's always been true in the past, but the thing already puts out more than one horsepower per cubic inch, stock ... plus with the mods it should be about 1.25 hp/cid.

I'm thinking that it's moving some serious air for a N/A engine and the big tubes won't drain it too much.

But if the smaller tubes can really boost the torque (over the bigger ones) that would better.

·
Registered
160 Posts
IMHO, 1-5/8" N/A, 1-3/4" if using power adder.

·
Registered
897 Posts
RPM said:
IMHO, 1-5/8" N/A, 1-3/4" if using power adder.
+1
Darn 10 character minimum piece of $*!# software

1 - 5 of 5 Posts