Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't decide if I should save my money for a body kit that costs $3660 or just wait on that and add an exhaust a CAI a tune and gears. I'm still in High School and I already have enough for the performence parts, while the body kit would take me for ever to save up for it, I only have 1/4 of the $3660 I need for it. As an Xmas gift my mom is getting the stang striped for me because it will be a while before I get the cash. So it will already look like a kickass car. What do u guys think I should do? Should I add performance or just be patient for another year to 2 years?

Appreciate your help:)

·
Registered
13 Posts
I say go with the performance mods. The new Mustangs already look darn good, and they're pretty quick, too, but one can never have enough power. As to the "body kit," don't forget you'll have to get it installed (it will take fitting and a fair amount of skill - read professional installation - to get the panels to line up and blend properly, and you'll need to get the whole car painted in order for it to look right, so add a lot mor dinero to that figure), and it won't make the car any faster (could actually slow it down, due to added weight and, possibly, aerodynamic problems). The real choice is, though, do you want to be a driver (performance) or a poser (body kit)?

·
Registered
829 Posts
I have always been the type of guy to make it fast first because a car that "looks fast" sure as heck BETTER be.

·
Registered
465 Posts
I'd concur with the previous posts. The new Stang already looks better than anything out there and I cannot imagine any improvemnet with a body kit. For that kind of money, you could have a kickass car, heck even with what you already have saved up you'd be off to a good start if you spent it on performance mods.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess the only question is, which mods do I do first and should I do them all before I get the tuner?

·
Registered
6 Posts
310Pilot said:
do you want to be a driver (performance) or a poser (body kit)?
POSER?!?
how is having a body kit bieng a poser, bieng a poser would be stamping GT badges on a V6, or getting a GT body kit.

My advice is to be patient, when it comes to modding your car it doesnt happen overnight, be paitent and it will all come.
I went with the appearence mods first, why? mine is a daily driver, and I need low gas mileage. 5 or 6 years from now, when I pay it off and get another car, I will probly get a bigger engine, or turbo it.

Attachments

·
Registered
767 Posts
OK...I have VERY mixed emotions about my answer for this thread.

Immediate knee jerk answer would be-PERFORMANCE. Chrome don't get you home, and shine won't be first at the line. PERIOD!

BUT(and don't take this personally, it is just a fact of life )
I would say that probably 110% of high school aged people ( there, feel better? I didn't say "kids" ) are pretty certain that they are bulletproof, know everything, and are the best at everything. Question one, and he/she will tell you that maybe yes, they know some people that aren't, but they are different than those people and they are not like that...
The Mustang, while not a high dollar exotic, or a Vette, or something along those lines, is a performance automobile. I don't care how good of a driver you are, or how careful of a driver you are, or how well you did on your drivers education exam, or how young you were when daddy let you sit in his lap and steer while he worked the pedels. Bottom line, you have not been driving long enough to be as good as you think you are. Given the opportunity to display a little testosterone you are probably going to do so. Then you are going to realize what a rush that was, and do it a little more often. Even if it is as something as innocent as punching the gas going around a corner. You are going to do it. Increase the horsepower, you are going to be increasing the odds of the inevidable, you crashing it, possibly hurting yourself, worse yet, hurting someone else. So for your perticular situation, I would definitely say go for the appearance mods for right now.

Like I said at the beginning, don't take any of this personally. We have all been there. Hell, I am still there!

·
Registered
829 Posts
hawgman said:
OK...I have VERY mixed emotions about my answer for this thread.

Immediate knee jerk answer would be-PERFORMANCE. Chrome don't get you home, and shine won't be first at the line. PERIOD!

BUT(and don't take this personally, it is just a fact of life )
I would say that probably 110% of high school aged people ( there, feel better? I didn't say "kids" ) are pretty certain that they are bulletproof, know everything, and are the best at everything. Question one, and he/she will tell you that maybe yes, they know some people that aren't, but they are different than those people and they are not like that...
The Mustang, while not a high dollar exotic, or a Vette, or something along those lines, is a performance automobile. I don't care how good of a driver you are, or how careful of a driver you are, or how well you did on your drivers education exam, or how young you were when daddy let you sit in his lap and steer while he worked the pedels. Bottom line, you have not been driving long enough to be as good as you think you are. Given the opportunity to display a little testosterone you are probably going to do so. Then you are going to realize what a rush that was, and do it a little more often. Even if it is as something as innocent as punching the gas going around a corner. You are going to do it. Increase the horsepower, you are going to be increasing the odds of the inevidable, you crashing it, possibly hurting yourself, worse yet, hurting someone else. So for your perticular situation, I would definitely say go for the appearance mods for right now.

Like I said at the beginning, don't take any of this personally. We have all been there. Hell, I am still there!
Ok, BUT... I think that when a car has all them ground effects, big wingdings and go fast looking parts It GETS CHALLENGED all the time! It is asking for it out on the street. I think when you're ready to get challenged constantly you better be able to back it up.... BUT you better not race on the street regardless of your power or looks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts