Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hey guys , well i took my car in last Friday to get 2 problems fixed 1) the drivers door handle wont spring back after you open it(this seems to be common on most of our cars) 2) the A/C would not change speeds it would only stay in the low speed. (they said this was the blower motor resistor), so they called me when the car was ready at 12 pm. and they said "your car is ready but we have bad news":eyebulge: so i then asked so what is the bad news they said "we damaged your car":happyhapp so began to ask how. they explained that they had a new tech and he was pushing the button to raise his lift on his side but accidentally hit the lift for my side and lifted the lift through the sides of both driver and passanger doors and Scrape all the way up the door about 6 inches. Check out the pics!! . well they said it would be fixed by this friday and they are taking care of a few other dings and scratches while its there , so the good thing is i get a partial new paint job, well the moral of the story is dont always assume your car will only be in the shop for a few hours no matter how little the job may be!!:winks

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Ya right! What a bummer. I see bondo mania big time. I want new f-ing doors and not skins here. I would take a trade for a new one on the lot even up! Good luck dude what ever happens.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Ouch! I feel for you!

I once had a BRAND NEW JEEP... it was only 10 days old... Unfortunately someone didn't realize a Jeep will start without the clutch pushed in! Jeep took off across the shop and smashed the front fenders... Luckily due to a paper snafu all the paperwork was not signed... So I had them over a barrel... I had a negative equity on my trade in... Of course the dealership pointed that out... I said "it's been 10 days. you've wholesaled my trade in.. YOU go find it!" I made the dealershop give me a NEW Jeep! They were NOT happy! LOL!

Hope they make things right!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Have you cut anyone at the dealership yet? That looks like a cutting offense to me, things won't be right until someone bleeds.

G

·
thats why i only let them work on my car if i can stand right near it...no arguements and no exceptions...that said...screw the repair job on the door...i wouldnt want it banged out and painted over..i would demand a new door and go over that car with a microscope...if they dont get you a new door,sue them,dont accept a repaired door cause its still a damaged door and when you bought it in it had new doors...correct?.....i agree with MSUslacker...someone better bleed
ps if they try and tell you a sob story about how long it'll take to get a new door...add that in the lawsuit buddy...you need the car for work and now they caused you lost wages...make them suffer

·
Registered
160 Posts
WOW! I hope most of the "advice" is just a joke. What I would do is demand that you have choice of the body shop for the repair and that the dealer pick up the entire cost and that of a loaner car. This I think they should accomodate you on. Further, demanding a new door won't get you anywhere if expert opinion says the damage is repairable w/o replacing. Don't whine and you'll get better service. Hey, it's only a car, things happen. It was an accident. Sure the tech is a moron but it wasn't intentional.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Oh man, just looking at those pics make me angry, and it's not even my car! There's no excuse for that kind of incompetence. New door. End of story.

G

·
RPM said:
WOW! I hope most of the "advice" is just a joke. What I would do is demand that you have choice of the body shop for the repair and that the dealer pick up the entire cost and that of a loaner car. This I think they should accomodate you on. Further, demanding a new door won't get you anywhere if expert opinion says the damage is repairable w/o replacing. Don't whine and you'll get better service. Hey, it's only a car, things happen. It was an accident. Sure the tech is a moron but it wasn't intentional.
Whine?WHINE? Bro are you kidding us...screw that...get a new door..who gives a flying if they dont like your attitude...they better damn well understand your anger...and nothing repaired is ever like new....GET A NEW DOOR...listen to me...sonny...redeemer and everyone else

·
Registered
83 Posts
mikesgt said:
New Door, New Door, New Door.....That will never look right again unless you have a.......New Door
Gotta agree. New door. It is their fault. Look at it this way. If you were buying a used car and knew that the door had been damaged and repaired, would you pay full asking price. I would want the price knocked down a bit...
Make them get you a new door.

Repairing your damaged door makes you car less valuable than having an undamaged "original" door.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well passenger side gets new door and they are also taking care of a few dings i had . i stopped by yesterday and its all looking good. well see what the outcome is tommorow

G

·
RPM said:
i know...i know...i'm like a dog with a bone...guys...can you imagine someone telling you this at the dealer after they damage your door like they did to jplay....what would you do to a guy who stands in front of you and says"dont whine and you'll get better service.hey its only a car, things happen...." God please let my golf clubs be home that day

·
Registered
191 Posts
man that is a bad situation........you want new doors , but either way they are going to be painted on do yourself a favor and watch really close upon delivery for tape marks and overspray......make em take off all the trim around the bottom part where the glass is before paint .....and just be patient and i'm sure they will make it right...if not drive home and get the golf clubs.................he is right on making them give ya a car to drive and make extra sure they are kissin your azz about it .......you know get the extra mile out of them......if they are sincere and helpfull and do it right then they will owe ya one later............:cool:

·
Registered
20 Posts
My 05 GT barely had 100 miles on it when I dropped it off to get some very minor scratches taken off and when the salesman called he said he "had some bad news" too. They backed my car into a truck. The first time they fixed it, it had a ton of overspray on the bumper and it looked like they painted it outside in a dust storm. I told them to fix it right. Well the second time they fixed it I noticed there's still a bump in the bumper that can't be fixed. I settled for it and they tinted my windows for me. But shortly after I already said things were fine, I noticed a ton of overspray around the car. I got stuck taking care of fixing it myself then.

Point of this story. Make sure you do a thorough inspection of your whole car because once you take it back, that's all you get.

·
Registered
191 Posts
very good point.......:cool:

·
Registered
403 Posts
my mom had a 90 tbird with 500 miles on it- semi broke an axle and tandems/brakedrum rode down the side of her car- passenger windows/fender/quarter/roof/bumpers all wiped...the selling dealership(big ford dealer in Kent Ohio) filler her friggin roof with almost an inch of bondo- it fell out a couple years ago, I took a pic/sent with the vin to the dealer...body guy still worked there, assured me it had been repaired to 'safe' ********...I wasnt writing to try to get something out of them, but to tell the dealership their bodyshop sucked and somebody shoulda been castrated for doing that to a brand new car. They didnt give a darn. 'just move em out' is too often the attitude.

If you settle for a repair(I'd say NEW DOOR) get yourself one of those little magnetic paint thickness gages, and if theres over 1/16" filler (thats being too generous even...) in there, or a 'in the sunlight' reflection aint flat as it was I'd reject the 'repair' in a vocal fashion and have them either redo it right, or take and get an estimate on having it redone properly. A good bodyman will beat that out with little to no filler, and it will be arrow straight. A black car especially will suffer...
It wasnt bondo'd before they took it in, and shouldnt be afterwards. I'm sorry, but a repaint will never be as good as oem paint as its not baked at high temp, and cant be...just because it says FORD on the sign dont mean they wont sand it/fill it/paint it as fast as possible...If nothing else, at LEAST demand 5 yr rust/paint warranty on whatever they do.
its just a car and s**t happens, but It wasnt your fault and you should get the car back in at least as good of shape as it went in, plus something for your lost time. thats only right on their part, and I hope they take care of you. good luck, and sorry about being so negative, but Ive been screwed by dealer 'repairs' too many times...they aint all bad, but Ive only found 1 good one I would trust, been screwed over by several. A lot of the blame should go back to ford and their 'shop rate/hour' schedules- it encourages shortcutting if the guys are to make a living...bad thing about 'piecework'...gotta find someone that will treat it like its their mom's or something- theyre out there, but certainly not everywhere.

·
Registered
191 Posts
wow the 69 looks kickazz.........good luck with the new one too...........thats the kind of driveway we all need nuthin but ford and pony's looked like the corner of something else cool tooooooooo... anyway great pics and good advise.......:cool:

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
ford4v429 said:
its just a car and s**t happens, but It wasnt your fault and you should get the car back in at least as good of shape as it went in, plus something for your lost time. thats only right on their part, and I hope they take care of you. good luck, and sorry about being so negative, but Ive been screwed by dealer 'repairs' too many times...they aint all bad,
When I as at Post Falls Mazda (just downstream from Pre-Falls, I guess), in Idaho, a guy came in with a '96 RX-7. Very cool car and, like the Mustangs, did not say RX-8 anywhere on it. Anyway, he had just finished a lawsuit involving our nearest Mazda competitor.... at the competitor, while his car was in being "serviced" for an undiagnosed engine problem, it also, somehow, got a photo-ticket, going over 100MPH, across the Tacoma Narrows bridge. Now Tacoma, Washington is about 230 miles West of Post Falls. When this poor sod got his car back, the new front and rear tires were half worn and there was an ashtray full of cigarette butts. He is a non-smoker.

No one fessed up and no one lost their job.

The service manager is the only one with a key to the fenced-in area where the vehicles are kept. He also smokes, but in service, smoking is not uncommon so he was not the only one.

The customer won 100% repairs and a new, not rebuilt, not whatever they could find...new, from Mazda, shipped over, from Japan, rotary engine and a pair of turbos. His car was in our shop being *babied* and gone through, with a fine toothed comb, to find any damage, from any cause. It all got fixed. Every stone chip in the paint, every tiny hair out of place was put back until that car was like new or better. I bet we stuck it to the other dealer, with labor and prices, but that car shone like nothing else, when it left us.

Still a sickening feeling to think about someone doing that and not getting any payback.

·
Registered
84 Posts
If you demand new doors make sure you go back and check if they are putting new doors on. They might say they are giving you new doors but just changing the door skin. I used to work at a Ford dealer and my buddy who worked there smashed the door of a pre owned Focus parking it in the lot. The dealer just replaced the door skin, painted it and sold it as a new car. I saw many accidents happen at that dealership and the dealership I work at now. Sometimes the customers find out about it and sometimes they don't.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts