Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I've been parsing through these forums for the past couple weeks getting some different perspectives and advice. I'm in the market for a new 2011 Mustang. I was just offered a job prematurely(I'm only a sophomore in college) and was going to reward myself with a new Stang. I want my max price to be under $36,000 and I only have a few requirements that I need to get to satisfy myself, beyond that, I was looking for some advice. My bare necessities are:

- 5.0L (Obviouslyif im looking at the GT)
- 3.73 gear ratio
- I really like the California Special's looks but you could talk me out of it.
- I'm going to break down and get the Shaker 1000. I've heard it's a bad idea to mess around with these shaker systems with aftermarket.
- Just recently had my heart set on HIDs/security pack

Any suggestions?

S

·
0 Posts
Welcome to AFM! Obviously you'll want to make sure that you can afford what you get. A younger driver in a GT could be pretty high as far as insurance is concerned. Keeping your budget in mind, I'd say you have some good options there. Browse around our late model sections here and you'll see what other members are driving. Have you driven a GT yet?

Thanks for joining and keep us posted!
:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick response and the welcome, Snackmaster. But I have not driven a GT before. The only Mustang I've driven is my dad's '73 with a 351 Cleveland, which is a pretty weak engine because of the emissions restrictions back in the day, so jumping to a 5.0L with 412 will be a little different. :shigrin

I also have to get a manual, I can't do automatic with a car like this.

S

·
0 Posts
The new GTs are beasts and the new sixxers are no slouches either. Even though the new autos are awesome I hear ya on the manual. I've always had sticks and always will... just a personal preference.
:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Welcome! I have the manual with 3.73's and this thing pulls like a frieght train! Go for it if you can afford it :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's what I like to hear! I think that the 3.73's are a no brainer. Any packages that Ford offers factory that you think are necessary? Or well worth it?

·
Registered
41,829 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Glad to have you here at AFM. Good luck getting the mustang you want.:bigthumbsup

1 - 8 of 8 Posts