Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for 1982-1990 Dominator Mustangs sold from Summit Ford in Lee’s Summit Missouri. This was a special edition sold only from this dealership. Its not to be confused with the JBA Dominator Mustang. They are identified by a Dominator Sticker on the fender well above the 5.0 emblem. I am working on a registry of the cars. Please feel free to contact me with any information you may have on these cars. Email [email protected]

Here is a picture of a Black 85 and a Red 86 Dominator.

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k95/buickgs455/dominators07.jpg

Thanks
Steve

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anybody out there got one of these cars?

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
What do they have for a motor? I have a friend that passed away and his was some special mustang and I live in MO. It is white vert w/ red stripes but I think it has some special motor?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There were several stages of Motor Mods you could get. If its a Dominator there will be Dominator Stickers on the Fenderwell above the 5.0 Emblem. Does it have a Hood Scoop? Are there holes drilled in the Air Cleaner to make the Hood Scoop Functional? What year is it?

Another possibilty would be a Predator mustang. They had racing Stripes over the Top and a 4 point Rollbar. They say GT 302 on the doorwells like the commemorative 84 GT350's did.

If you could post a pic. I could tell you what it is.

Thanks for responding.

Steve

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
Yep, sorry its the predator. Has two red stripes and looks like the gt350 decal.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't have the registry for those cars but do know the people who do.
What year is the car? I had already been in contact with someone in St Louis that knew of a car that sounds similar on another board. Do you have contact info for the current owner? PM it to me if you do. I will pass it on to the Predator registry folks.

Thanks again
Steve

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
Like I stated the previous owner died recently, but I think the family is interested in selling as they are afraid to give it to his 16 year old daughter. Ill ask if I can give out the info when I see them.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There has to be more people out there that have seen or own a Dominator!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Still Looking for Owners of Sweet Looking Dominator Mustangs!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Anybody ever seen one of these at a car show?:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
2 Posts
I remember the Dominator GT. That is the car that got me hooked on Mustangs. When Summit first came out with them, they used to play the commercial all the time. The car was black with the 16 slot 14" rims. They had the song "Radar Love" going on in the background, then they fried the tires and of it went. From that point on, I have been a Mustang man.

The last time I drove a Dominator was in the late eighties. It was brand spankin new. As far as I could tell, it had a little exhaust work, some injectors, and gears. Don't remember much more. It was pretty fast at the time.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey thanks for responding. So did you ever buy one, or just test drive one? I owned a 85 Dominator.

Yes I recall the commercial. Sure wish I could track down a copy of it. Been trying to locate the guy who owned Summit back then. He retired down to Florida and I haven't been able to track him down.

Most of the Dominators were just a little bit faster than a regular GT. But they offered three Stages. Stage III was a full on race car.

I remember the Dominator GT. That is the car that got me hooked on Mustangs. When Summit first came out with them, they used to play the commercial all the time. The car was black with the 16 slot 14" rims. They had the song "Radar Love" going on in the background, then they fried the tires and of it went. From that point on, I have been a Mustang man.

The last time I drove a Dominator was in the late eighties. It was brand spankin new. As far as I could tell, it had a little exhaust work, some injectors, and gears. Don't remember much more. It was pretty fast at the time.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Dependent upon your level of restoration, there are several out there to be had.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My best friend had an 82 Dominator here in Omaha, Nebraska. Like the person in the previous post, this was the mustang that started my interest as well. It was an all black GT Fastback with black interior. I remember the exhaust headers had a door that would open manually at the collector so you could run the exhaust open (& loud). We would open them up on the weekends. The only thing that was not original was the wheels (It had American Racing wheels). I've looked online in the past for info on these but there was never anything that would even say that they existed until now. I always thought they were a ford project. It makes sense now that they came from a dealer in Missouri.

He sold it in the mid-90's. I don't remember anything about where it went but, it had seen better days at that point. We were teenagers & really beat the hell out of it.

I've had 4 fox mustangs since & have recently built a Procharged '88 GT that has approx 5x the HP & TQ of that '82 Dominator but, it will always be very special in my memory. My friend passed away a couple of years ago. In memory of him & that car, I sourced the Dominator decals for my most recent 88 GT build. The engine block is a Dart Dominator so that part ties in as well.

Does anyone know what these cars fetch these days? Also, is there any recent sale record or availability of the stage III Dominators? I wonder if any of them still exist & if so, what are they are worth...?

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wow! I love to hear new stories about Dominators! Do you have any pictures of the car? Sorry to hear about your friend. Sounds like you shared a lot of wonderful memories. It is cool that you commemorated the car.

Only uncovered one possible Stage III so far. As for value, thats anyone's guess. The market on them is really just beginning as Fox Chassis Mustangs in general are begining to increase in Value. The Predators and Saleen's are much more valuable at this point. Primarily because documentation on them is more widely available.

You can email me directly at [email protected]

You might also check out the section dedicated to dominators at foureyedpride.com

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Be sure to keep an eye for Dominators at that car show this summer! If you spot one, send them my way!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Just thought I would post up a picture from the recent Dominator Reunion we had in Kansas City. 8 Original Dominators showed up at the Reunion. Here is a picture of 6 of them with their owners standing next to them. My 83 Dominator starts them off, 84 GT350 Dominator, 85 Dominator, 86 Dominator, 90 Dominator, and another 84 GT350 Dominator.

If you ever come across a Dominator Mustang, be sure to send the owner my Way!

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Still looking for those elusive Dominator Mustang owners out there! Found another one just today!

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
those are wonderful cars. wish i had one. i will be sure to let you know if i see them at car shows next year.

is there a way to tell if it is authentic? i mean, somebody could just throw some dominator decals on it. did it come with special registration or anything?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts