Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a wrecked 04 cobra that is heavily modified. One of which is a straight axle in the rear with all QAD adjustable suspension. Upon closer inspection of the underside of the car, I noticed what appeared to be a bent rear end. But, both rear axle tubes are bent up. Further, the car was hit in front not the rear. Then I noticed the tubes had somewhat crappy weld jobs going into the pumpkin. My thinking is that this was done on purpose, possibly for some kind or racing. Or, someone attempted to make a rear end for this car that didn't know what they were doing. I called the guy that I bought the car from, and he said it is supposed to be like that, but I am not buying that. Does anyone have a theory on why the car would be like this? Also, I am looking for some front end parts to fix the car. I need a front bumper cover and foam, headlights, header panel, a fog light besel, a radiator, a/c condenser, and heat exchanger for blower. I am only interested in oem cobra stuff for a 03-04. Nothing aftermarket please. If you have anything let me know. I will pay half price of new. I am looking for a good aftermarket blower though. Preferably, Kenne Bell 2.4 or 2.6 or Whipple 2.3 and 60 lb injectors. I will also pay half of new for these items.

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
The axle tubes being all bent up don't sound good. If it's welded where the axle tube meets the pumpkin, some people or racers, weld them in that spot just to make it alot stronger. Check out ebay, they have tones of OEM cobra stuff on there, some for a great price.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.