Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

New to the forum, I am in QLD Australia, does anyone know where to find a generator for my 64 1/2 Mustang. Used condition would be fine. I want to keep the mustang original rather than put on an alternator.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
They come up every now and then on ebay.
If you can't wait, you can get your Mustang parts supplier to get one in for you that is reconditioned from the States.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Generator

Hello, New to the forum, I am in QLD Australia, does anyone know where to find a generator for my 64 1/2 Mustang. Used condition would be fine. I want to keep the mustang original rather than put on an alternator. Cheers
Hello. I do not know about Australia, but in the US they sell rebuilt generators at auto parts stores for about $90. You did not say if you have a six or an eight.

O’Reilly’s auto parts has a replacement re-built 30 watt Ultima – Generator, Part # 5838 for a 1965 Mustang 260 or 289 V-8 for $87.99.

Text Font Screenshot Website

See: Ultima 5838 - Generator | O'Reilly Auto Parts

You will need the mounting brackets and a pulley.

Auto part Metal

Auto part

A generator has brushes that wear down, but they last a long time and are not terribly difficult to change. They are inexpensive. I bought a pair at O'Reilly for about $5.
Auto part

Here is the difference in wiring for a generator and alternator:

Text Line Font Parallel Diagram

I like generators. Everyone feels that they have to convert to alternators, but there is no necessity. Cars ran on generators for decades and they work just fine.

·
Registered
29 Posts
genny and bracket

did u find a generator for the 64.5 stang ?? I will be happy to sell the one of my 64Comet , i went to an alt....its complete with a bracket and was working , the regulator stuffed up so i ditched the whole set up....msge me if u are interested ..im in brisbane//////,....:wink:

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts