Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
where can i find a better cold air intake,something better than the BBK cold air?

·
Registered
912 Posts
i believe the anderson power pipe is good, dont know if its better and i dont think your going to see a gain in hp from changing one cai to the other wihout aftermarket heads and intake

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i believe the anderson power pipe is good, dont know if its better and i dont think your going to see a gain in hp from changing one cai to the other wihout aftermarket heads and intake
well i dont think my tubes fit right and i have a 70m mass air sensor and i think the tube after the air sensor is smaller and to long

·
Banned
1,784 Posts
a cold air intake is a cold air intake. they are all the same: just a pipe that brings the air to the engine. if you upgrade, there will be no increases in power. i would suggest a h/c/i if power is what your looking for.

if you really want to upgrade your cai, the anderson power pipe or the stack racing intake would be your only choices. with eitherone, it would be the same as the bbk only a different appearance.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
a cold air intake is a cold air intake. they are all the same: just a pipe that brings the air to the engine. if you upgrade, there will be no increases in power. i would suggest a h/c/i if power is what your looking for.

if you really want to upgrade your cai, the anderson power pipe or the stack racing intake would be your only choices. with eitherone, it would be the same as the bbk only a different appearance.

no there isnt really a big difference in HP i know but i just wondered if there is something better? better quality maybe?
Different tube sizes?thats mainly my question,I'm running a 70mm maf sensor to a small outlet tube to the throttle body(tb 65mm)70mm to looks like maybe 55mm tube to a 65mm TB?i want to even in out and get the right flow.

also i notice that my metal air tubes are hot after i open the hood from driving,is there anyway to keep them cooler? or like a plastic type of tubing that wont adsorb heat so much?

·
Banned
1,784 Posts
no there isnt really a big difference in HP i know but i just wondered if there is something better? better quality maybe?
Different tube sizes?thats mainly my question,I'm running a 70mm maf sensor to a small outlet tube to the throttle body(tb 65mm)70mm to looks like maybe 55mm tube to a 65mm TB?i want to even in out and get the right flow.

also i notice that my metal air tubes are hot after i open the hood from driving,is there anyway to keep them cooler? or like a plastic type of tubing that wont adsorb heat so much?
as far as i know all of the tube sizes are similar, smaller diameter from the filter to maf senser, and larger diameter tube from the maf senser to the tb. thats the setup ive seen on all of the cai's whether its from bbk, mac, or stackracing. the only way that you could get a larger diameter tube to even it out is to make one yourself.

as for the heat, its not really an issue IMO. the air doesnt travel through the tube long enough to be effected by heat. if you want to cool down your engine bay, they sell stuff to wrap around headers to keep in the heat that you could try on the intake. it wouldnt look that great but it would keep it cooler.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
as far as i know all of the tube sizes are similar, smaller diameter from the filter to maf senser, and larger diameter tube from the maf senser to the tb. thats the setup ive seen on all of the cai's whether its from bbk, mac, or stackracing. the only way that you could get a larger diameter tube to even it out is to make one yourself.

as for the heat, its not really an issue IMO. the air doesnt travel through the tube long enough to be effected by heat. if you want to cool down your engine bay, they sell stuff to wrap around headers to keep in the heat that you could try on the intake. it wouldnt look that great but it would keep it cooler.
i guess i could make one,my tube from my filter to my sensor is big then after my sensor to my TB is small.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

i noticed you have the acufab TB,how do you like it? I read a little about them.I read some have a big opening and to to a smaller outlet size

·
Registered
912 Posts
header wrap works good on ntakes to keep the heat out, i belive they dyno tested it on a honda or something and it picked up 2 whp so its not a big gain but it is something

·
Banned
1,784 Posts
i noticed you have the acufab TB,how do you like it? I read a little about them.I read some have a big opening and to to a smaller outlet size
i love it. i really didnt notice a difference after the tb/egr spacer and cai install but it looks good! i got it from am with the spacer and it came with all of the gaskets. i think id recomend accufab anyday over bbk or the other companys.

if you get it, just make sure you use the gasket sealer to seal up all the gaskets correctly. i just threw the gaskets on without sealing them and if i shift to second WOT, i get a loud whistling/screeching sound. i gotta get back in there and fix it now.

·
Registered
369 Posts
anderson power pipes r 4 inches i believe the whole way. i think the others are 4 and 3... Also, they say the bend before the TB is different. supposed to fit better and give u more hp. who knows but if i wanted the best CAI i would probably get an anderson..............

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.