Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best intake for my 04 v6 mustang. its a 5 speed :) we bought a K&N and it caused the car to die. I want one that will actually work lol.

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
Most people here will recommend you get the cheapo CAI that's about $75 or less anywhere, there is no point getting the expensive intakes unless you need a carb number for emissions, what was wrong with the K&N intake, it shouldn't cause any problems changing out the intake tubes and filter unless something wasn't tightened all the way causing a vacuum leak and poor running conditions

R

·
0 Posts
Most people here will recommend you get the cheapo CAI that's about $75 or less anywhere, there is no point getting the expensive intakes unless you need a carb number for emissions, what was wrong with the K&N intake, it shouldn't cause any problems changing out the intake tubes and filter unless something wasn't tightened all the way causing a vacuum leak and poor running conditions
+1

All they all are is some piping with a conical filter on the end. Don't pay for the name.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Do they make the car even feel like it has more acceleration?

My father sees it as kinda pointless since it has a stock fenderwell intake. Still looks cool.

I'd get one but I'm going for the windstar so we'll see how that works.

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
You'll need parts from the CAI kit to go with Windstar intake even if you get the VAP kit

T

·
0 Posts
Tunable Induction CAI - V6

Check our CAI out, good reviews & satisfied customers since 2001. Additional 20% AFM discount & free shipping brings cost to $118 to your door (meter forward kit). Inner fender, cool abs pipe intake, lifetime Green USA filter, & lifetime warranty on intake. Your car will run better with cooler air (outside the engine bay) & improved throttle response.

Tunable Induction LLC The Original Mustang True Cold Air Intake System . Now Partnered with Unique Tuning LLC The Carolinas #1 Source for Mustang & Dodge Performance Parts, Service And Dynojet Tuning Using Diablosport And SCT Tuning Software

Installed photos & reviews on our facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/tunable-induction/126467684062335

R

·
0 Posts
I had a CAI on my '01 V6. I never felt any difference. Our old 3.8's don't get that massive kick that the 05+ 4.0s and 3.7s get with a CAI and tune.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
i mostly like mine for the looks and the louder *whoosh* the air makes when it comes in. i wont lie, there is a small difference, but don't expect a miracle.

·
Registered
149 Posts
What parts exactly?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
when i put the k&N on the car wouldnt maintain its idle and would die if put into neutral over 35 mhp or inbetween shifts.

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
when i put the k&N on the car wouldnt maintain its idle and would die if put into neutral over 35 mhp or inbetween shifts.
It had to be leaking, our cars do not require a tune for a CAI, it's basically like sticking a straight tube in place of the factory there is no reason it would cause a problem, did you maybe not plug the temp sensor hole, if you still have it i would put it back on before spending more money

R

·
0 Posts
BBK doesnt even make any cold air intakes for the 3.9 and not many big companies do because it was only made one year. i did manage to find this decent one for your car UPR Mustang Aluminum Cold Air Intake Kit for 94-04 Mustang V6
Sigh...

Please don't post if you do not know what you are talking about.

The 3.8 and 3.9 are externally identical. The only difference is a tiny increase in engine stroke. Any part that fits the 3.8 will fit the 3.9.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Sigh...

The 3.8 and 3.9 are externally identical. The only difference is a tiny increase in engine stroke. Any part that fits the 3.8 will fit the 3.9.

too many people dont realize this. can we get a sticky so that hopefully less people think they are different...?

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
Sigh...

Yep they the same, ford didn't even change the hp & tq ratings between them

1 - 15 of 15 Posts