Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am looking for a dry cell battery to put in the trunk area of my car,i have the wire hookups all routed in the trunk of the car.I will also need a hold down bracket for the battery.
I was looking at the Dyna Batt has anyone used this battery?

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what size Optima battery would i need? and should i use the red top or the yellow top?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi 89 Ford HO,
Optima certainly has what you need. Let me ask you a question first. Do you have a lot of electronics like a stereo and amp in your car? If so, you should look at our YellowTop batteries. They are dual purposeand work well as starting batteries and in deep-cycle applications, like cars with big stereos. If your car has normal amperage loads, you probably just need our RedTop. I just want to be sure you buy what you need, the first time.
Usually, when you are putting a battery in the trunk, size doesn't matter as far as fitment goes. You just need to be sure and get the proper mounting device that fits your application. Also, it is important to use a battery that has provisions for venting since your plans are to mount in the trunk, a non-vented area. Our Group 27, 51, 78, 34C & 31 batteries all have provisions for external venting. Once you locate exactly where you are planning to mount it, and the space you have to work with, simply choose the correct battery group for your application. Here are the size and spec options, depending on if you go with the YellowTop or the RedTop
I hope this helps, but if you need any more information, feel free to ask. I will do my best to find the right answer for you.

Bill Howell
eCare Manager, OPTIMA Batteries, Inc.
OPTIMA Battery Power Pack Nation

1 - 5 of 5 Posts