Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a low profile brake booster for a 1967 Mustang with 4 wheel disc brakes and a manual transmission. Anyone know of any?

For some reason using the SSBC booster A28150 I can't get the master cylinder on without taking the booster out and putting them in as a unit. Looking at other pictures it appears there should be more room. It also took significant modifications of the clutch rod and pedal to clear the booster.

Thoughts?

Thanks for your any help you can provide!

Bob G

·
Registered
743 Posts
Check with NPD NPDLink | National Parts Depot and CJ Pony Parts 1964-1973 Mustang Parts The folks at both places really were helpful when I was upgrading to power brakes with a '67 MC and 4 wheel drum brakes. I would give them a call and explain your situation.

Are you looking for a booster that is thinner (front to back) or smaller in diameter? The booster for the 65-66 upgrades is quite small in diameter but I have a feeling you need a thinner one.

Michael

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I will give them a call. I need thinner (front to back). The one that came with the kit is about 7 1/4" fron to back. I would like one less than 6 3/4". Not sure if there is one out there or not.

Thanks again.

Bob G

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.