Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the best mini starter on the market for daily driver use?

I'm using a powermaster starter (not a mini) and every time I drive for long periods of time (greater than 10 min.) it takes at least 3 or more ignition turns to turn over the engine. The engine is not heavily modded, mostly bolt-on, and the longer I drive the longer it takes to turn over. The problem is definitely heat related so I'm looking to move to a mini starter hence the question. Thanks :bigthumbsup

G

·
What is the best mini starter on the market for daily driver use?

I'm using a powermaster starter (not a mini) and every time I drive for long periods of time (greater than 10 min.) it takes at least 3 or more ignition turns to turn over the engine. The engine is not heavily modded, mostly bolt-on, and the longer I drive the longer it takes to turn over. The problem is definitely heat related so I'm looking to move to a mini starter hence the question. Thanks :bigthumbsup

the only one i woud use......

CSR Performance Online Store- Electric Water Pumps, Starters, Transmission Shields, Flexplates: <span class="menu2">FORD</span>

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
I used to have the Powermaster and when the thing's case just busted for no reason, it got thrown in the woods. Same for their alternator, the case just busted, now I won't have Powermaster if you give it to me. I went to PA Performance for both and haven't had a single issue in 4+ years with them. I have long tubes too and there's no heat related starting problem.

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
You can get a mini starter for a 94. You will have to switch the cable on the right of your relay (fenderwall) over to the left (basically bypassing the relay w/ the 4 ga power)and then run a 14 ga wire to the starter from the small post on the top of the relay. This setup works greta if you want to install a starter switch instead of you ignition, but can still be done w/ out. I have one works great w/ headers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.