Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a good product to remove and/or cover up scuffs on a body-colored plastic bumper?

I'll be trading in my (pieceofcrap) scion tc soon, hopefully on a mustang, and I want to get as much as possible for it.. I don't want them to use stupid little things like a little scuff on the bumper to lower my price.

Also has anyone used that 'meguiars scratch X' stuff to remove minor surface scratches on the body, and if so, does it really work?

Thanks,
Dan

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have used Meguiars Scratch X before. My father's Eclipse got tagged by a Sharpie and we used that stuff (and a whole lot of elbow grease) but got the Sharpie off the paint. My father has used it on minor scratches as well on my mother's car with pretty good results.

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,878 Posts
Some polishing compound and an orbital polisher should do the trick. I too have used Meguiars. Works ok on surface stuff.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the responses.

When you say polishing compound... would the meguiars deep crystal polish work, or is polishing compound something different?

Sorry to keep using meguiars as an example, I'm not sure what other product names there are...

·
Registered
425 Posts
Best stuff on the market (I've used for years) is Kit Scratch Out...comes in a bright yellow bottle and not expensive at all. Use a nice damp soft cloth and some elbow grease and it will get out a lot. Then follow up with your favorite wax.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Go to Autogeek.com, SuperiorCarCare.com, ProperAutoCare.com, autopia.com: all will give you excellent info re this type of damage and offer you MANY options, more than a few of which you can buy at your local Autozone or equivalent store. :rockon:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.