Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
96 cobra with a Vortech which I think could use a good dyno and tune.

Anybody out there know of a good shop in the Portland Oregon area for this?

Also curious as to about what that costs?

Thanks,
DR

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
Not sure about in Oregon but there is John at HP Ranch in maple valley Washington. It's about a 2.5 hr drive for you, better than my 8 hour drive that I had to do. But that was the closes place that I trusted while I was stationed in Idaho. I had my own Xcal 3 and I want to say he charged me 300 bucks but I got one tune adjust for my car and then a extra tune for the nitrous.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SWEET, hey two or eight hours in your stang sounds like a GOOD thing ;)

Looks like they are part of "The Mustang Shop" now.

http://www.themustangshop.com/

Thanks for the feed back, read several great reviews about them, will check it out after I get my fuel delivery the way I want it.

DR

·
Registered
36 Posts
Vancouver WA tuner

****:

There is performance shop called Blue Oval Performance Inc. Blue Oval Performance | Mustang Performance, Parts & Tuning - Home in Vancouver WA. The same shop used to be called All Ford Perforance before it combined with Blue Oval which was the parts supplier for AFP. I had good luck with them under the previous owner. They specialize in Mustangs. They might be worth your time to check out as they are right across the river.

Soda

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
****:

There is performance shop called Blue Oval Performance Inc. Blue Oval Performance | Mustang Performance, Parts & Tuning - Home in Vancouver WA. The same shop used to be called All Ford Perforance before it combined with Blue Oval which was the parts supplier for AFP. I had good luck with them under the previous owner. They specialize in Mustangs. They might be worth your time to check out as they are right across the river.

Soda

Got a bud who took his 96 there a couple years ago, said they treated him well. They actually de-tuned it some so he wouldn't blow the lower end. He was guessing mid 12's in the quarter but it was a vert with out a cage so he never got it on the track. Now he's got an 04 with the Eaton, sounds like he's looking to go back to them again ;).

·
Banned
12,436 Posts
A "chip and tune" is $450 ish...now you will probably find your current(if it's stock) fuel system is not up to snuff to handle the blower...be ready to add bigger injectors, mass air and fuel pump, really should be on the car to begin with or the tune will be rather futile.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
96 Cobra Tune shop bump;

Bump:

Went up to Blue Oval a few weeks ago, sounds like Jeff has left and Chung (sp) is doing the tuning now. As most of the posts I find about Blue Oval are older I thought I'd bump this once before I commit. Any more current ones?

First step: NGK TR6 plugs (done)

2ManyStangs; Yep, pump and injectors are next, would like to purchase from whom ever does the tune.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts