Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the process of doing a 5 lug cobra brake conversion (I'm rolling up the snowball) and figured while I have everything apart I might as wheel do the suspension as well (And there's me throwing it dooown hill). I've been thinking about eibach springs and maybe koni, tokico, or bilstein shocks and struts. I was wondering which ones would be best for my fox. I want my fox to be an weekend/everyday driver so nothin to fancy:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
I just finished installing the equivalent of a Maximum Motorsports Road & Track Box along with a their torque arm. That is probably alot more than you want to spend, but I am very happy with it so far. The ride is stiffer, but smoother (if that makes sense) than with the stock springs and struts/shocks. Before I got everything installed, I was thinking that with the rear spring rate that was needed for the torque arm, that my car would have a bone-jarring ride. I would compare it with the way my mom's Mini Cooper S rides. I would recommend you call MM's tech department, tell them what you want to do with your car, and let them help you. They were very helpful when I called them to ask what springs, struts, and shocks I needed for my car. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
Good idea to do it now. Those Eibach's are a great choice, but unless you want to spend $700-$800 on struts and shocks, don't get Koni. They're awesome units but EXPENSIVE. Even their quads are $120-$150.
Any of those in that list are good, main difference is price. I'd say also check out Strange Engineering, they make 10 position adjustable struts and shocks and average around $120 for a strut and $65 for a shock.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.