Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
with axles. My current rear end is from a '67 and is too wide. Where can I start looking for something like this? Any leads would be helpful.
Thanks.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Well i know NPD, CJ pony parts and Mustangs Unlimited has them all in there magazines and online

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought so, too. I looked at M.U. but all they had were 9” housings, and pricy ones, to boot. I didn’t actually see anything on CJ Pony or NPD, at least not online. I could be missing them, but I searched through all of the rear end stuff. What am I missing??

·
Registered
503 Posts
Three options (that I would try):

Check craigslist. I've found several on there in my area. Just go to your area, click auto parts, and type in mustang.

If nothing good on there, check out some local junkyards. Old mustangs, fairlains, comets, and some other cars had 8 inch rear ends.

Car shows are another good option. I was just at Ford Nationals in Carlisle, PA and there was an abundance of new and used 8 and 9 inch rears.

If you want just a new housing, check out this link:

Currie Enterprises Racing Rear End Categories

But a brand new housing & axles will be pricey. If you can find a used 8 inch rear, cleaning it up shouldnt be too much of a problem. The fluid inside keeps most of the internals, like the axles, in good condition. Then you can just change out the center sections (gears/differential) if you choose.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts