Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got some 20x10.5 +45 for the back and 20x9 +35 for the front. I've been looking around for a good answer on how it'll fit into the rear of my car. If I put 285/35/20 on them will it be flush or close to flush with the fender?I've tried using those offset calculators and it's hard to tell where to measure on the wheel to see how far it'll stick out. It looks like it'll be 1"-1.5" depending on what size tires I get (285-305mm tires). any and all feedback, thanks!

·
Super Moderator
4,448 Posts
Bump

·
Registered
11,155 Posts
hmmmm . . . my handy cheat sheet that I got off of here, from a reliable source, sometime in the past, says:

11" wheel -- +62mm offset
10.5" wheel -- +56-57 mm offset
9" wheel -- +35-38 mm offset

more offset moves the wheel outward; so you might rub on the inside . . . I think I would might try putting the wheels on and see how they fit, but I'm not sure how you would load the suspension with no tires

tire width should be matched to the wheel width and then there should be no issue caused by the tires; I'm pretty sure 305 is about max for a 10.5" wheel

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
These are 305x35-18 Hoosiers on 10.5 wheels with 38mm offset, if this helps.
Tire Vehicle Wheel Hood Automotive tire

·
Registered
11,155 Posts
These are 305x35-18 Hoosiers on 10.5 wheels with 38mm offset, if this helps.
wow, +38mm on a 10.5" wheel, and they look pretty good on the fenders . . . how close are they on the inside?

my "cheat sheet" came from sqidd a few years back, he was real good with stuff like this but looks like his offsets might be a bit high?

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
wow, +38mm on a 10.5" wheel, and they look pretty good on the fenders . . . how close are they on the inside?

my "cheat sheet" came from sqidd a few years back, he was real good with stuff like this but looks like his offsets might be a bit high?
got maybe 2mm between front shock housing and wheel (Enkei PF01 38mm offset)...rears are fine...surprised me too, thought I was gonna need spacers, but when we set up the JRi shocks, we made sure they'd allow 305's to fit.

·
Registered
11,155 Posts
. . . . when we set up the JRi shocks, we made sure they'd allow 305's to fit.
hmmmm -- are you saying that you have a custom shock setup, that provides additional clearance for the wheels/tires, that is different from the OEM shocks and springs?

if so, then that offset might not work for the OP, since I assume he has the OEM setup, and that might explain why you are OK with an offset that "should not work" according to the information that I have (and I acknowledge that the information I have, could be wrong -- but I did check it versus a few other sources a few years back and it seemed OK at the time)

·
Registered
05 GT Premium, satin silver over red
186 Posts
A 285 on a 9.5" wide wheel with 45mm offset is the stock GT500 rear setup and that tucks a bit. The sidewall stretch from the 10.5 inch wheels will get the tire a bit closer to the fender lip. I think it will look pretty good as long as the axle is perfectly centered.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts