Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I am having difficulty finding a remote for a Avital Phoenix alarm. Transmitter #804150 but is not marked on the remote itself. The back is stamped FCC ID: I5M5659-4. This same remote was used on several Avital alarm models including the Phoenix 433Mhz, AviStart 2501, 3000, 3001, 4000, 4001, 4500, 4501, 6000, 6001, 6500, 6501, Bandido 2, Diablo 433Mhz, Hurricane 433Mhz,
Prime AMX 78 433Mhz, PrimeStart 450, 650. Discontinued with no backward compatable replacement offered.

Avital's answer is if the remotes die, set off the alarm every time you get in the car and flip the valet switch once the key is on... doesn't sound like my neighbors will like that much LOL.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Same Here

Hey yeah i have the exact same problem I can't find a replacement remote anywhere I was wondering if you had had any luck since you posted this...? If not please let me know if you do and i'll keep looking and i'll do the same if i find anything.....

Thanks,

Logan

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, I even posted a want it now on ebay and got no replies to it either. Seems the company has abandoned us and our 'lifetime warrenty' alarm.

·
Registered
3 Posts
yeah

lol yeah but i'm sorry i refuse to buy another alarm for this car at least... so rest assured I will not stop hunting this remote .... I don't care what i have to do.... by the way i wonder how close your remote is to mine cause my the button say in order going clockwise from the top it says (Arm/Disarm) (Trunk) (Silent) (Option) the silent was just the arm disarm without the beep.... but the pictures of our remote that i've pulled up online say... (Lock) (Unlock) (Start) (Trunk) in that order going clockwise from the top .... i dont care what the buttons say just as long as i get a remote that works. Ive been without keyless entry and everything i gotta use my key every time and thats just not fair....

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mine is exactly the same button layout as yours. When I talked to the company they said any from the group listed in my first post would work. There's a pdf file that shows what all use the same remote. They said that the buttons can be programed to match the layout you want or are used to regardless of what the buttons actually say. Programing directions are in your install manual if you still have it. If not they can send you a pdf copy.

The only part that actually has the lifetime warrenty is the brain so the warrenty isn't worth much. Live and learn.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Re re

Well i just talked to the company today and they told me that my alarm model is going on 20 years old so i needed to move on.... :so That the remotes for our model are no longer available. I then asked, so what should I do they said i should get a new alarm....He said that the only possible place to get one was the Autotech website witch I had already checked before i even talked to him...They show a remote that would work for $80 but it also says its "No Longer Available" hmm ... where have I heard that before.... So I'm guessing that the only way to get another remote is to wait and all the people who have them sitting in boxes in their garages or demodding their cars ya know??

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mine was installed in late 99 by an authorized dealer... makes you wonder why they would install one already 10 years old?

·
Registered
210 Posts
I'm new to this, but I may be able to help. I have a friend who worked for an alarm company until he was "retired". The company apparently left him with a box of remotes when they bought back his stock, and I know he still has a few NOS remotes languishing in his garage. There's a "remote" chance he has what you need.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That would be great! Please let me know if he has one. The specs are in the first post except the button layout (which isn't vital since they are programable) which is the same as discribed in Logan360s post.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.