Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone, so i am a student in auto mechanics and recently did an engine rebuild and swap in my '00 V6 that had 244,000km. Problem is now that since i did the swap, i have this issue where when flooring the car it jerks on all cylinders... like its missing air or fuel.
I did alot of tests. Before i had a P1309 code which i think i fix by adjusting back the cam syncho with the camshaft and then did the Koer and Koeo tests, no codes, test drive and car was still jerking, i replaced all spark plugs, spark plug wires, brand new performance coil pack, checked the TPS sensor, changed the crank sensor, checked the MAF sensor, checked the compression, checked the fuel injectors, and what i have to finally say is that theres one thing left and could be the explication of all of this, is that even after a swap from a scrap car from the same year, it had some more options than mine, for example the donor car had ABS and i dont, and there is this that was on the rebuild engine that i did not have on my old one so i did not bother to install but that might be the cause, one is a vacuum solenoid exhaust gas recirculation, the other piece i have no clue what it is, and also no clue where the vacuum lines goes, any help would be perfect because im so desperate i am to the point that i'll drive it to the dealership..

Theres also two pictures of before rebuilding the engine and you can see that valve thing.. and a picture after that i did not install it on, does anyone has a diagram of the route the vacuum hoses are suppose to take or just any idea where to plug them? Thank you.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
40,049 Posts
Welcome to the site,enjoy!!

S

·
0 Posts
Hello Jeremy, and Welcome to our Great Site here at AFM:bigthumbsup
Make sure that you check out our Year/Platform specific Forum pages so you can Post or just Read about The Stangs that our Members have that are of your Mustangs Same Year/Era
You can Navigate to the whole Site by clicking on the "Tech" Icon at the upper right hand side of this Forum page. Have Fun.
And Thank You for Joining All Ford Mustangs

Sean
:bigthumbsup

1 - 4 of 4 Posts