Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am looking for a set of headers for my 96 gt. while doing some transmission work, since everything is out, i have decided to add exhaust. i recently bought a bbk x-pipe with just the intentions of changing the midpipe. well while removing the stock stuff from my car i broke one of the studs off of the drivers side header, and while this wouldnt normally be a problem, it took off a chunk of the manifold which allows it ti be screwed into place.

basically what i am getting at, is are shorties really that bad ? i have found some upr shorty headers that will allow me to use the x-pipe i have ordered, or what about about flowtech longtubes ? i could always modify the x-pipe to fit i assume. i am not trying to be a total cheapskate, but funds are limited and i need to do something for the time being. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks

mike

·
Registered
304 Posts
theres nothing wrong with shorty headers. you'll see minor gains from longtubes. especially if you already have the x-pipe for shortys why buy a new one.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the info. i have been looking around and i think i am going to try the shorty headers from upr. they are stainless headers, and resemble the FRPP style. everything i have ever gotten of theres has been good quality so i am gonna give them a shot.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
should be able to, if you keep your converters and egr stuff on the car...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.