Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to buy a Mach 1000 Audio system for my 03 GT. I currently have the 460 in it with an aftermarket Alpine stereo and would like to increase the bass. Let me know if you have this system or any pieces of it and would be willing to sell. Thanks!
Andrew

·
Banned
12,435 Posts
dude, look on Ebay...not sure if it's even compatible however

·
Registered
8,704 Posts
Just go to Best Buy, get an amp, wiring kit, and box with subs of your choice. Much simpler and better sound than somebody's used crap.

·
Banned
12,435 Posts
well it's probably his deck, the Mach 460 has low ohm speakers so not all are compatible with the amps/speakers

·
Registered
93 Posts
Yeah buy aftermarket don't buy the mach, Pioneer and kenwood makes some great quality reasonable head units. My buddy has the mach in his 03 GT, I have a kenwood head unit, infinity speakers, and a kicker 10'' sub and he wants my system. It ran me about $650 for everything.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Word, thanks for the advice everyone, just figured the Mach 1000 would be a little cheaper, but $650 isn't bad for that setup. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
804 Posts
CRAIGSLIST!!!! I cannot stress that enough. Or pawn shops. Subwoofers and amps are as good as cocaine in the used market. And you can find them very cheap. Upgrade your headunit with something from pioneer or alpine. (I've had the best experience with them)

Then wire the amp using the RCA Pre-Outs, that way you don't have to mess with the 3 ohm impedance of the mach 460 system.

Car Audio System SUBS/AMP
2 12" JBL SUBWOOFERS
ALPINE SUBS AND HIFONICS AMP!
2 Alpine 12" Type R Subwoofers W/ JL Audio amp 500/1 watt

These are all near you. Have fun.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks burninrock24, very kind of you to find those on Clist for me. :bigthumbsup

1 - 8 of 8 Posts