Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are a few Minnesota people in here, does anyone know of a dyno/tuner in Minnesota? Twin Cities area?
Thanks for the help
Mn. Scooter

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ok guy's, nobody from the frozen state of Minnesota has gone to a tuner? Wow, I guess i'll have to keep searching?? Anybody else from Minnesota out there???

anybody???

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hello.

Dyno tuner? Haven't checked around. I'm sure there are a couple in town, but whether they know anything about Mustang GTs is the question. There is a race shop on University (whose name escapes me) that deals in GTs. Don't know if they have a dyno.

I live in Woodbury, work Downtown MPLS, BTW.

·
Registered
32 Posts
MAS Racing
2288 University Ave
St Paul, MN 55114 - 1801
(651) 644-6811

Again, do not know if they have a dyno, but I bet they could point you in the right direction.

I got this info from another local member on one of the Mustang boards...

·
Registered
528 Posts
MN Scooter: I don't know of any in the cities but I heard there is one up in the Blaine/Fridley area but can't find a name/number. If I find anything I'll let you know.

·
Registered
528 Posts
smedin said:
MAS Racing
2288 University Ave
St Paul, MN 55114 - 1801
(651) 644-6811

Again, do not know if they have a dyno, but I bet they could point you in the right direction.

I got this info from another local member on one of the Mustang boards...
MAS Racing doesn't have a dyno that I know of...but a great place to get/order parts. Finished rebuilding a 69 Chevelle this past summer with a friend and took many trips to MAS during the process.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Try this?

HiTech Motorsports Inc.
13915 Radium St. NW
Ramsey, MN 55303
763-712-9088

If they aren't what you're looking for try one of these:

Elite Auto Sports (Minneapolis)
612-521-0550

John Haley Motorsports (St. Louis Park)
952-922-0400

S&S Performance (Crystal)
612-536-9430

Hope one of these has what you're looking for.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the info. guys. I have heard of Hi-tech but have not dealt with them yet. I would love to get some Minnesota Mustangs together sometime when the weather finally warms up and the salt is gone. I'd love to see some
of the mods you guys have done.And who you take your car too for warranty work.{if any]

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi Fellow Minnesotan's

I was looking for a local tuner as well. I have pretty much decided to get an off the shelf tune from www.alternativeauto.com

I have heard great things about this tuner from other postings, and after reading the information on the web site it sounds like they know what they're doing.

smedin, I might see you around Woodbury some time.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Heh

I live in Woodbury too, my baby is still locked away in storage until mid march when she goes to leroys customs for paint/body mods.

I plan on going to Hi Performance Art in Blaine for dyno shop.

That is where North Country sends all their custom stuff to, and they are a real good shop to work with and reasonable too.

After the body getd done in march, then comes the 4.10 gears, C&L CAI, and Predator tuner (Hi Performance Art is a Diablosport Certified shop)

Just forgot to add their website and number

http://hiperformanceart.com/

Number (763) 862-4050

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanks

Thanks for the referral. Looks like a good shop. There's more Mustangs in Woodbury than I thought. For both of our sakes I hope the winter ends soon.

Regards

·
Registered
32 Posts
FirstStang said:
Thanks for the referral. Looks like a good shop. There's more Mustangs in Woodbury than I thought. For both of our sakes I hope the winter ends soon.

Regards
Today, I saw the first Mustang GT on the street (in Woodbury, no less) since I bought mine on Dec. 20th. Most of them must still be in storage... Not mine, though. Snow, Shmow.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Mustangs in the Snow

I picked up an extra set of wheels and got a set of Blizzak WS50's on my V6, so far no problem. It's been as good as the SUV that I drove last winter. I take it to the car wash frequently. Hopefully the paint isn't getting damaged too much.

·
Registered
43 Posts
FirstStang

I see that you have a V6, I am getting a Roush Front Fascia put on in march, and a Center Fog light Grille from 50resto, would you want to upgrade your front fascia with my stock GT fascia and grille? Id be happy to give you a good deal....especially since your in Woodbury as well. ;-)

·
Registered
20 Posts
GT Grille

Thanks for the offer dcranford, I'm kind of into the sleeper look myself, toned down on the outside, plus I wouldn't want anyone to think it was a GT when it wasn't. So I'm limiting my external mods to the mudflaps I put on in the fall. I am looking forward to a CAI and a Tune in the spring though. If you should find it difficult to put gas in your Mustang I recommend the Kwik Trip on Hudson Rd. by the new Applebees. The Holiday station by Lifetime Fitness is the worst for this and Sam's Club is not so good either.

I'd like to see your car after you get all your mods in place, it sounds like it will be awesome.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts