Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im just wondering what i can do for my 4.6 to get the most hp out of it right now for a cheap price and to set it up for future modding. im a beginner so any bit of advice would be great. thanks!

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Well id recommend some gears. It doesnt necessarily add hp, but youll have a lot more low end torque from it. Out of your brasic bolt ons, you will feel gears a whole lot more than anything else. Go with 3.73 or 4.10 depending on what your future mods are and if you have a 5spd or auto. And all around it should cost you 400-500 after everything. Then get ya a nice exhaust setup to get her sounding right.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the help. well i have a 5 speed and im eventually wanting to install a turbo kit so what would u recommend for that, the 3.73 or 4.10?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the help. well i have a 5 speed and im eventually wanting to install a turbo kit so what do u think i should get for that, the 3.73 or the 4.10?

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
I would go with 3.73's knowing that. Good luck!

·
Registered
51 Posts
actualy with boost u want a lower gear like a 3:23 not the stock one upgrade to richmond. o and another good first cheap mod would be upper plenum and throttle body with and intake

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.