Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am doing a 1967 Shelby tribute with my car and im trying to make it look like as much of a 67 Shelby as possible.

I used photoshop to take my car, an 06 GT, and put a roush fascia on, then a center fog light grill from 50resto, and then a GT350 grille emblem.

I do not have a good pic of the CDC smooth hood scoop I am getting or I would have photoshopped that in too. Now im not very good at photoshop, im a noobie to it actually (only used it for 2 days now). But this is what I came up with.

I would like opinions please

Attachments

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
If you plan on apinting on the Shelby Stripes..the CDC scoop will not work with the 10" wide stripes and the 2" center..22" overall. it will be ok at the back of the scoop but this scoop gets narrow as it comes to the front which will make the stripes roll off the front corners...I been there tried that :( very nice scoop I'll Say but I went with the California Dreaming Hood :) from RK Sport. little difference in price but very nice! the CDC will go on my wifes pony package car...be here in about 2 weeks :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
MickMach said:
If you plan on apinting on the Shelby Stripes..the CDC scoop will not work with the 10" wide stripes and the 2" center..22" overall. it will be ok at the back of the scoop but this scoop gets narrow as it comes to the front which will make the stripes roll off the front corners...I been there tried that :( very nice scoop I'll Say but I went with the California Dreaming Hood :) from RK Sport. little difference in price but very nice! the CDC will go on my wifes pony package car...be here in about 2 weeks :)
Actually according to CDC's websit the part is 22.25" Side to Side in the front

I suppose is I have to go 10 + 1 1/2 + 10 it will not be so bad.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Love the pic, but I wouldn't get the Roush chin spoiler.
That fascia looks a thousand times better w/o it.
BTW, it doesn't come with the fascia. You have to spend another $150 to get it.

Also, I think that fascia requires a seperate wiring harness also. ($$$)

If you find out, I'd like to know as I am also thinking of getting that fascia.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Stangnut, youre right the chin spoiler is extra ($200) i think?? and the fascia does look much better without it. Also, the Roush fascia made my front end consiberably lower than factory and scrapes on a lot of inclines now as opposed to never with the factory bumper. I cant imagine the damage that could be done driving with the chin spoiler as well.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Yeah the wiring kit for the fog lights is extra as well. Also I have been told that it is not possible to get the Roush lights to function in addition to the factory center grille fogs. I havent hooked mine up yet. Any truth to this?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Thanks for the tip about the clearance.
That also concerns me because I have the black V6 side mouldings. If it's that low it might look a little odd from the side because of the way things would line up.

I've haven't heard that about the lights. There's a guy over at TMS that has this set-up. I'll ask him.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Very Strange, if you look in the instructions for the roush fogs, they actually send a new switch through your firewall and I though the wires followed those as well. I thought you could run both sets of fogs.

Better re-read those fascia install instructions again.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.