Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

Looking to upgrade the interior look of my 08 GT. Wanted to add the GT 500 pedal/covers.

Lots of different pedals for sale aftermarket, just not sure which ones are close to the real thing.

Do any of you have a pic you can send or post in a reply?

Thanks

·
Registered
298 Posts

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
GT 500 Pedals

Yes, these are the ones I have been looking at. Now that you confirmed these are a Ford product, I am pretty sure these are the real covers used in the GT 500 from the factory.

thanks again for your reply!!

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
No manual sets on eBaY at present. I got the automatic set (2-piece) from that vendor at $45 after a few auctions where they went for quite a bit more.

American Muscle lists the 3-piece manual set but says they are out of stock.
GT500 Pedal Covers (2005+ Manual) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

SS Inserts lists them for about a hundred dollars ($79 + $20).
05+ Mustang GT500 Mustang Pedals (Automatic or Manual) [110126 or 110125] - $79.00 : SS Inserts, Mustang Accessories Corvette and Stainless Steel Inserts

Moss Mustang, too:
http://www.mossmustang.com/Shop/ViewProducts.aspx?PlateIndexID=54253

An earlier thread shows a pic of the installed pedals with the rubber on the clutch pedal cover worn off after "one season".

I'm going to try the Shelby set at $89.95.
- Shelby Performance Parts LLC.

·
Registered
143 Posts
They have the dead pedal also to match. I have it in my car. Matches perfect. Pics on my cardomain under interior.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
GT500 pedals

Cavediver- great info and you confirmed the Ford product part for me. Those were the pedals I was considering

Fyougitive - Again, great info. I had checked all but one of those sites. Of course, the least expense site, is out of stock. Also, ceck on those Shebly pedals. I am pretty sure they require drilling into your exsisting pedals to mount.

Miamiknsfan - Great car and website with pic. Thanks for the view of the pedals. I need to check out the lettering on the sill plates, thats cool. I have a Brenspeed tune with a Steeda air intake and it was the best dollar investment to get more power. You will not regret that for sure. Yes, you have a clean car and thats exactly the way I keep mine......My wife thinks I am insane....never in the rain...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Here's mine with the factory GT500 pedals and added dead pedal to match them. I got the dead pedal from American Muscle. I think they also carry the upgrade GT500 pedals.

Attachments

·
Registered
360 Posts
Contact AAC direct. They manufacture the GT-500 pedals for Ford + now offer the matching dead pedal.
36.00 for the manual set & 32.00 for the auto set
The dead pedal was 30-something from them as well.
I've had the GT-500 pedals on for 1 1/2 yrs & haven't worn off the clutch pads yet.
ACC lists the pedals on ebay on a regular basis, I haven't seen the dead pedals on there yet.

Attachments

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys. I will check again on ebay and the other sources on the internet. I plan to get the manual GT500 set for sure.

Great pic's too, thanks again

·
Registered
143 Posts
I don't know about ya'll but that dead pedal was a pain to get on for me. That stupid sterofoam block makes it tight around that bolt. I think I bloodied every knuckle i have.

·
Site Sponsor
93 Posts
I don't know about ya'll but that dead pedal was a pain to get on for me. That stupid sterofoam block makes it tight around that bolt. I think I bloodied every knuckle i have.
:hihi: I know exactly what you mean. The ones I help install on pops' car, gave me the same problem.
We offer this dead pedal that has 3 sharp prongs that you gently drive into the block. Semi permanent, but a solid fix. Lot easier on the knuckles.
Make sure to ask about your AFM discount guys'!

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
I received the "Shelby Man Pedal Covers Billet" today. In the blister pack they look good. If they were on the pedals, I believe I would be very pleased with them.

There are two instruction sheets, one inside and one outside. I don't know if they are different, since I've not opened the pack yet.

Here's what the "Special note" on the Shelby Performance Parts Web site has to say about installation:

Add the look of true performance to your factory pedals with our aluminum pedal covers that easily mount with provided hardware. Contoured to fit perfectly to the shape of the pedal with an extended lip around entire perimeter giving that finishing touch.

(My Boldface)

Here's what the instructions open with:
TOOLS YOU'LL NEED FOR INSTALLATION
· Drill (90º gun is preferred)
· Drill bits 1/16", 1/8", 7/32"
· Center punch
· 2mm, 3mm allen wrench
· 5.5mm, 8mm hex wrench
· Masking tape
· Safety glasses
· Catch mat

[ ... ]

WARNING!
If any part of this installation seems beyond your level of installation experience, please seek the help of a certified professional.

Well, I think I can rustle up the tools, except for a 5.5mm hex wrench and a 90º gun. And, I think I could drill some holes and screw some screws. But, I'm wondering what else will be short of my expectations.

I really hesitate to speak critically of any aspect of the Shelby edifice, but it's beginning to look as if there are some crumbly bits beginning to chip off and clutter the pavement.

Five point five millimeter nuts? Who made that choice? The two halves of the blister pack are stapled together. Half the staples are not completely clenched, so a careless grip would result in a torn finger.

I really do have a list of such Shelby-related lapses. Perhaps, if I actually do an installation of these things, I'll compile my observations, and see if there are any similar experiences—or anyone willing to mention them.

·
Registered
161 Posts
The pedals came with my 2007 GT as part of the Preimer trim Package when a bought it new and I purchased the dead pedal from ACC, it matches the factory ones great.
Why do they call these GT500 pedals when you could get them for the GT's?

Premier trim package (Aluminum pedals, unique interior trim. Requires Interior Upgrade Pkg., leather upholstery)

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
I received the "Shelby Man Pedal Covers Billet" today. In the blister pack they look good. If they were on the pedals, I believe I would be very pleased with them.

[ ... ]
Took me a couple of hours, but they are on. Very secure, with three screws with washers and nylock nuts through each of the clutch and brake pedals, 3M tape and two two-screw/nut full-width straps on the back of the gas pedal.

The edges are kind of sharp, really gripping into shoe soles. The gas pedal is just enough wider than the underlying plastic item that it makes a foot-roll "heel-and-toe" easier without interfering with ordinary acceleration and braking moves.

Installation was certainly more complex and difficult than just taping and slipping-on in the manner of the "GT500" covers. Hole-drilling seemed easy enough, although the pedal metal is relatively hard. The time-consuming part was getting the washers to stay on and starting/tightening the teeny, tiny nuts in their inaccessible locations, with my clumsy fingers.

All-in-all, worth it, I guess. I paid the Shelby Performance Parts store $90. Mr MossMuscle.com just sent me a flyer with the same item on sale at $72, on a regular price of $80. C'est la vie.

Of course we know from experimental evidence, as well as testimonials, that the harder it is to acquire, install, attain, join, get something, the more it costs in time, energy, and money, the more highly we value it. Seems to me there are implications in "initiation" rituals. Maybe the hosts of this forum should require some kind of gantlet before allowing posts ...

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.