Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a picture of their tinted side markers lit up, whether it be smoked tint or blacked out tint?
I want them but I'm still concerned about the issue of it not being bright enough and I know it's illegal in Texas if you can't tell the side marker is red/yellow when lit up. I looked through some threads but didn't find much so post a link or pictures if you have any please!

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ohhh thanks. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
147 Posts
yeah and don't worry anyway because you can always pop in some LED's and they will blast right through any blacked out light

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah and don't worry anyway because you can always pop in some LED's and they will blast right through any blacked out light
yeah I didn't think about that, I suppose I will order them then haha.
But I do know the 2010+ have LED taillights so do the 2010's have LEDs on the sign markers or just the rears?

·
Registered
345 Posts
Here's a pic of my smoked covers on the front of the 11, don't remember
where I got them but think off eBay...

Car just passed inspection here in Ma with no problem. Wish I had a pic at night but... best I can do, hope it helps you.

Attachments

·
Registered
559 Posts
If you're worried about the legality of the darkness of your tint, do not get limo or blacked out tint and you will probably lose the illumination (brightness) of the bulb anyway...

Stick with a grey or dark grey tint because against a red plastic lense, the tint will look even darker than looking at the tint itself...

I used a dark grey tint which looks black against the red plastic lense but still performs when the side marker light are on...

Dave

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here's a pic of my smoked covers on the front of the 11, don't remember
where I got them but think off eBay...

Car just passed inspection here in Ma with no problem. Wish I had a pic at night but... best I can do, hope it helps you.
Thanks! I think if it looks lit up during the day time then it would most likely look lit up at night time. I just got my inspection so I have another year til I have to get that again, so no worries about inspection haha :shigrin

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you're worried about the legality of the darkness of your tint, do not get limo or blacked out tint and you will probably lose the illumination (brightness) of the bulb anyway...

Stick with a grey or dark grey tint because against a red plastic lense, the tint will look even darker than looking at the tint itself...

I used a dark grey tint which looks black against the red plastic lense but still performs when the side marker light are on...

Dave
Yeah I wasn't planning on getting the blacked out, I have the dark smoke on my taillights so I was thinking I'd do the same for the side markers. Thanks for the advice though:bigthumbsup Now I just have to get around to ordering some tint :nogrinner

·
Registered
10 Posts
Great thread! This is the next mod I'm doing, using Night Shades on all the little side marker signal lights, I hate the orange.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Great thread! This is the next mod I'm doing, using Night Shades on all the little side marker signal lights, I hate the orange.
I know me too! I need to buy the tint already to do it haha.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts