Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to get some ideas of what route to go with for a new shifter stick, knob and boot. I know I will probably go with an MGW shifter, but I can't decide on a look to go with. I'd like to see what some of you have come up with.

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
Hurst looks the most sick IMO, the MGW performs the best and still looks sweet IMO

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I'm pretty much set on the MGW as the "guts" of the shifter. I'm just trying to think of what I want the visible part on the interior to look like. Looking for some inspiration.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I like the old school look of the Hurst stick with a plain white knob but I prefer the "feel" of the Steeda Tri-Ax. This combo was an easy fit. I looked at the MGW but its design looked like it limited you to changing the knob only.

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hurst :bigthumbsup

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wish I could do an MGW shifter with a Hurst stick and black knob.

·
Registered
594 Posts
here is a picture of my vista blue shift knob Gear shift Car Vehicle Family car City car

·
Registered
26 Posts
This is my Roush Short Shifter. You can get the ball in white too

Attachments

·
Registered
152 Posts
My Hurst with black ball and one off hand crafted and sewn leather boot.

Gear shift Vehicle Car Center console Auto part

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I got my MGW installed a couple weeks ago. I opted to go with the chrome shaft and black rally knob with white accents.

Attachments

·
Registered
86 Posts
What kind of shifter do you got Bobbyray? That looks more like the original mustang manual shifter minus the holes in the bar, the way it angles back. I have the Hurst shifter with white ball also. I love it. The only thing I don't like is the crappy little black plastic grommet that came with it to keep the shift boot in position. I think Hurst could have done better a better job with that. I haven't been able to come up with anything to cover it or replace it yet.

·
Registered
419 Posts
MGW Gripper knob with chrome shaft.

Attachments

·
Registered
221 Posts
I got my MGW installed a couple weeks ago. I opted to go with the chrome shaft and black rally knob with white accents.
+1
This setup, FTW! :bigthumbsup

Hey, I went to MGW website and the only ralley balls were 6-speed (for the Camaro). Their only "classic" offering for the stang had their logo on top and nothing else. How'd you get that one?

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Universal Carbon Fiber Look Emergency Brake Boot: eBay Motors (item 390220986882 end time Aug-22-10 07:14:43 PDT)

This guy made a 2 color boot out of the orange & black carbon fiber vinyl for the car. He has Mustang patterns & it looks fantastic.

Custom Black Splash Red Shift Gear Knob Rat Hot Rod SS: eBay Motors (item 110561130594 end time Aug-16-10 13:29:16 PDT)

This guy had one of these in orange & black smoke that fit with a thread adapter. Never got them installed. Still in boxes in my buddies garage. Im not sure how the 2 look together (too much maybe) but one or both will be on there eventually.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.