Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if they make yellow foglights for 2010 Mustang GT? I'm looking to replace the two 6" clear foglights with Yellow 6" lights, but I can't find them. I got the Plastic film covers in yellow, but they have bubbles in the plastic after you apply them, and don't look just right. Manuf says bubbles will disappear over time, but I have not found that to be the case. I want the full 6" bulb, not just the filiment, I want the bulb to appear yellow all the time, not just yellow when turned on. I like the way yellow looks on my white GT, which I get an idea of with the plastic film covers in place. your help is appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
if you apply some heat with a hair dryer and work the bubbles out with a credit card that would work but when you put them on you should have sprayed a soapy water solution on the light and the front and back of the yellow cover so you could have worked out a lot of the bubbles then.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if you apply some heat with a hair dryer and work the bubbles out with a credit card that would work but when you put them on you should have sprayed a soapy water solution on the light and the front and back of the yellow cover so you could have worked out a lot of the bubbles then.
Thanks, I can still give it a try. I left the tabs on the ends of the covers, so I can lift them up and retry. The Manuf did not say this is the way to do it, they really suggested that I put them on dry. I did apply a little water to my bulb face, but I will try it your way. I have the Lamin-X covers. I would really like to get the yellow bulbs if they are made. Thanks

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Dry? thats weird if it is a decal it should be put on like one. I have one other thing for you. If people in your area smoke out lights see if they will do a yellow for you they can do that just as easy as the grey. Good luck! :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dry? thats weird if it is a decal it should be put on like one. I have one other thing for you. If people in your area smoke out lights see if they will do a yellow for you they can do that just as easy as the grey. Good luck! :bigthumbsup
Thats a good idea, I'll check into that. Yeah, they say on instructions for small applications, a light spritz of water may be best, or none at all, then even out with credit card wrapped in a thin towel. Nothing said, either, about a hair dryer. Thanks for your thoughts. I guess that nobody makes yellow lights for the car, though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.