Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everybody,
I just registered in this forum hoping that I might find someone who can help me. In a couple of week my new car, a Mustang convertible V6 should arrive in Germany. And because Germany has more rules and regulations than residents it's not that easy to get license plates for it.
I am now looking for a certificate about the exhaust emissions of this Mustang and also an official "technical data sheet". I am not sure if I use the correct words for this in English.... got it from the dictionary. With these papers it will be a lot easier to get the car prepared for German streets.
A lot of companies offering this kind of service, but in Germany their just cost way too much!!!!! And then you never know what you get!
Any kind of help is highly appreciated.

Greetings from blooming Germany
Sabine

·
Super Moderator
40,153 Posts
welcome to the site,enjoy!!!!

·
Registered
41,825 Posts
Wow Germany. Welcome to the site. Glad you have joined us here.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Unless your car is specifically prepped by one of those expensive companies, you won't be able license the car. GE has differant rules about things like glass and headlights. You'll have to get all those things swapped over. They'll also do the smog inspection/certification.

If you're military, or attached to the US State Dept, you can avoid all that. But then you have to use those special plates.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.