Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I added some stripes to my car recently but still not sure if I like them or not.
Actually I'm pretty close to pulling them off.

What do you'll think? mustang 296.jpg

mustang 298.jpg

mustang 299.jpg

mustang 300.jpg

mustang 301.jpg

·
Registered
713 Posts
You know, with most black mustangs, I would say a good shine is the best exterior accessory, so don't put stuff like that on there because it takes away from the shine. However, I think that the stripes on yours brings out the fog lights on the grill. Also, I think your shaker hood wouldn't look as good without them.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think they look very nice. What don't you like about them?
I don't know, maybe just use to having the car solid color for so long.

G

·
0 Posts
I think they look excellent. Although its whatever you think looks best. After all, you're the one who has to see it everyday

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
I think it looks alright, its neat to just be a little different. However, considering I drive a black stang myself, I'm not a big fan of the stripes. If you leave them, I would at least do the front bumper.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
833 Posts
I think they look really good. I agree with the other comment the shaker stands out a little more with the stripes on.

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
I think they look fine. I'm not sure what your objection to them is. Why not try living with them for a while?

·
Registered
79 Posts
I just took off my GT/CS stripes tonight and i'm lukewarm about it. Maybe give it some time and see if they grow on you.

·
Registered
717 Posts
stripes

i think if i were going to do stripes i would run two 10" or 12" stripes that were an inch apart from each other all the way over the car...... like cover the whole front bumper too.......i like the stripes on your car, but i think i would cover your front bumper. i have the steeda hood now, so i'm not too sure i will be getting stripes anymore.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think it looks alright, its neat to just be a little different. However, considering I drive a black stang myself, I'm not a big fan of the stripes. If you leave them, I would at least do the front bumper.:bigthumbsup
I actually had the stripes for the front bumper and started getting in a hurry and tore one of them, but have some more bumper stripes on order.

I think they look fine. I'm not sure what your objection to them is. Why not try living with them for a while?
That's what I think I'll do.
The main reason I bought the vinyl stripes was if I didn't like them I could take them off.

I just took off my GT/CS stripes tonight and i'm lukewarm about it. Maybe give it some time and see if they grow on you.
Sounds like a plan.
Thanks for everyones opinions.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
I like solid colors, and especially Black. That is just me though. You had the car solid, and it shined a lot I am sure. The car looks good,just not as good as it would look all black.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
250 Posts
The way I see it, the issue with your stripes right now is a lack of commitment. It's not like they're flat black on gloss to commit to being a subtle accent, but then they're not flashy enough to be a bold statement either. Right now they're just kinda middle of the road "blah". I say, if you're gonna keep them, then commit to being a guy with stripes and take it a step farther, or lose them all together.

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Dude, I think the stripes look fine, but if you have a nagging doubt about whether to keep em' then you will always think about it.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Perhaphs stripes would look better with a chin spoiler ?:scratchchin

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I like solid colors, and especially Black. That is just me though. You had the car solid, and it shined a lot I am sure. The car looks good,just not as good as it would look all black.:bigthumbsup
I respect your opinion

The way I see it, the issue with your stripes right now is a lack of commitment. It's not like they're flat black on gloss to commit to being a subtle accent, but then they're not flashy enough to be a bold statement either. Right now they're just kinda middle of the road "blah". I say, if you're gonna keep them, then commit to being a guy with stripes and take it a step farther, or lose them all together.
I really like the photoshop, maybe that's what it's missing.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Perhaphs stripes would look better with a chin spoiler ?:scratchchin
I've actually been thinking about getting one.:gringreen

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.