Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently I have the car listed in my sig.
The good- has always been fun, fast and I have done some stuff to it so I have time invested in it.
The bad- high mileage, clutch will need replacing soon, normal wear and tear stuff
the ugly- brother rear ended someone with it, front end needs to be painted, I am having to pay to have the body work done and driving 3 hours every other weekend to prep her for paint.

My dad just told me that a guy he works with is unloading his car because his wife got laid off earlier this week. The car is a 95 GT, 5.0 5speed. triple white vert. 125k and it is UNMOLESTED, BONE STOCK, right down to the air filter:hihi::hihi:
The water pump is making noise( needs replacement, easy fix), also odometer has stopped working. Car is not a daily driver, just a weekend car.......He is asking $3000.00 for it. I think that is a great deal, but could be wrong. Let me know. I am really considering picking this car up.....

Drew

·
Registered
304 Posts
if the body is in good shape then its a good deal. they tend to rot out under the strut towers, corners of the floors.

if you're into a vert than go for it before someone else buys it. see if he'll take off some money for the waterpump being bad.

are you just giving up on the 87? if the thing is junk, then go for it. i'd rather put 3 g's into my hatch than a newer bodystyle convertible, jmo. :scratchchin

the clutch is easy as ****, fix that and do more mods. it seems you only have an intake on the motor, what about heads and cam to match the TFS stuff? you could get that stuff for under 3 grand definitely and have a bad ass ride instead of having a stock convertible and a lightly modded fox. just my opinion! not trying to start anything!:D

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My biggest issue with the 87 is that the core support was damaged in the accident and needs to be replaced. Not a fun job. I have done the clutch before, that is simple. The 87 has 240k on the motor, it is starting to burn a little oil( not much pretty surprised) so the motor needs to be freshened up at least.

I have been working the 87 for a while. I have everything to to get the car done except the motor work/clutch....I need to my brothers friend do the minor body work(door dings etc) tom the car and then I can start prepping for paint. But even after that it is going to take me to probably August to get the car done.

Dont get me wrong I love the FOX body, I know the vert is heavier and not as rigid in the chassis versus my GT. Im just itching to get behind the wheel of a stang again, I havent driven one since end of January....haha

R

·
0 Posts
buy the vert to drive....

keep the fox to play with.....

that was easy......

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that thought has been tossed around. just not sure if it is a smart thing to do while trying to finish school...but then again im only young once right? ha

Drew

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.