Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I am anxious to get some more power from my 2011 Mustang GT but I am not really sure what's the best route. What else would I need if I want to add some nitrous and 100 shot HP? Uca's,Lca's, one piece driveshaft...? I do not go to the track,,yet, this is just for fun around the neighborhood!
I have not done much to my car but I did add a CAI, SR performance lowering springs, Pypes Axel back, slotted brakes(not sure of the name), I also have it tuned from AM, set at performance, which I drive everyday. I also added stainless steel brake lines which seem to grab a little better. Thanks, I know this has been asked a bunch of times already.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Only thing that turned me away from a nitrous kit was the variable timing on our cars. So that you can safely drive the car, and then hit the shot you have to retard the timing quiet a bit with tuning. IMHO normal driving which will be done 95% of the time and will feel like your driving a modded 4.6 mustang based on what I've read. If you were going to use it just for the track that would be a lot more practical so you could detune for the shot and then run your 1/4 mile.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I've heard of people spraying on a stock application so I don't think you would need anything to run your nitrous set up. What about using a MSD Ignition Module to retard timing while the nitrous is spraying ? You could have the noid and signal wire to the box linked so when the noid opens, the module would retard timing based on the settings you have set. I'm planning on getting NX's Pre Plumbed Boss 302 manifold in the future and will be talking with MSD about their two-step and ignition timing modules in conjunction with the NX system. Good luck with the info search :D wrenchin.gif
If I find anything out from MSD when I call up I'll shoot you a PM !

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well apparently there is no place close to me besides englishtown nj that refills tanks, so I guess I might be saving some money for a turbo kit or supercharger. I am reading about the on3 twin turbo and wanted it but there is to many negative comments about the kit, so I think i'll pass.
Do I have to by a kit or can I put parts together that might cost a little less money? I would love to get a whole complete kit for around 4,000 but I don't think that's possible? Anyone selling any pre owned?
Thanks

·
Registered
180 Posts
Just ordered a pro charger stage two. Good deal through a.m. with the forum discount. But above 4k, but not as much as other kits and great reviews. Complete too.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Raceway Park in Englishtown sells CAM2 and N20. The track is open most of the year.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the help so far but now I'm even more confused. Turbo is to much money for me right now, nitrous is good but I have to get the tank filled and it's not the closest for me. I was looking at a cobra jet intake combo from JDM which comes with the cobra jet air intake, the manifold (obviously ;) and ford racing twin (dual bore) 65mm TB for 1699.00. Maybe a torque converter to.? I only want to spend about 2000. I also have to add in the cost for the install after the 2000 is spent. I think I can do the manifold myself so if I go that route I can save on the install. I'll need the converter installed and tranny cooler though.
I do not want track times yet, I just want more power for my everyday driving for some more fun. One day I want to go turbo though! Any ideas would be great. Thanks.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I ran a 100 shot on my 5.0 ran great. We just put a new boss intake manifold on it and my twin turbos show up this week. Now I'm trying to sell my nitrous kit. If you want to go turbo save the money and do that. If you want to go nitrous there is no better bang for your buck. I suggest a wet kit and a few safety switches like a full throttle and a window switch any questions feel free to message me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts