Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 570 HP 91 Mustang. I am Looking to Build My mustang To Reach or pass 1000 HP. Got the money but dont want to waste money. I live in maine and wanna do car shows and Race at oxford and union this year. Any Ideas. I have the V8 possy rear end. Carbon fiber body kit any thing will help. want a Bigger engine then the 302 cant find any real good Crate engines but wanna build it

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
How much money are we talkin here?

Cause I have been putting a 1000 hp build together for over a year now and I'm tallying around 18k, assuming you do the work yourself.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i really aint worried about the money. but I dont wanna pay top dollar for a part on 1 site and half on another. so im looking for a list to of stuff to be done to it. and no i aint doing it my self but they are covered

·
Registered
978 Posts
How much money do you have to lay donw to get started? it is not just HP you have to get it to the ground. What trans do you plan on running? are you gone to run N20 or Boost? Do you have any parts to start with?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i got 25K to start. thats for the engine and car then i got 10K for interor and and 10 for my custon paint job. all together im hopeing to keep it under 50 K

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Good luck. I'll be scraping pennies to build my car till I'm old and grey.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ive busted my butt to get the money to finish the car.. took while and a Lot for storage sheds Later and i got the money to finish it.

·
Registered
978 Posts
what power adder are you gone to go with? do you want to stay with the 8.2 deck block stuff or do you want to move up to the 9.5 deck stuff 351 cid and bigger? I mean the 1000 HP is really not that hard to come by with a power adder BUT keeping it together and making it street friendly is another story. then you got think what kind of fuel are you gone to run. Pump gas and meth you could do but 1000 hp you better hope nothing goes wrong with the meth kit.
You need to be much more specific about what you want other then just saying 1000 hp.
But if you want to start looking at crate engines and stuff like that check out AD Performance, Your Source for Longblock Performance Parts they offer lots of stuff at good prices and have a good rep.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Methanol rules :bigthumbsup

I also suggest a 363 for a high hp street build. 0.125 oversized pistons with small block heads, inject meth and blow through it all! Easier said then done right?

I was considering the same but with a 427 with 0.125'' oversized pistons. Changed my mind, the 363 has better rod angles, and when your blowing through a motor building it strong is more important then pulling cubes. If you build it strong enough you can push crazy boost numbers and make the same CFM as a big block with low boost.. I would start with an aftermarket 351W block, capable of housing 1000+hp and capable of being bored SAFELY (recommended by manufacterer) out to 4.125''. I just got my Dart SHP 351W in and im starting a high hp build as well. The block is reasonably priced considering its capabilities. It could be bored and strokes to about 440 something c.i. within manufactuers recommendations of max bore and stroke. That is just your window of oppourtunity using that block. Max specs are like 4.185'' pistons 4.250'' stroke. If you search up those blocks you will read nothing but good feedback. You will also read alot of people pushing the block past its recommended power rating and it manages to hold together.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts