Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
Recently landed a nice job so I am in the market of getting my dream car... a mustang GT. Don't want a new one, but a decent one with low milage and manual trans. I stumbled across this stang. Not only is the seller only 2 hours from me, but thus far looks like a good deal. Mods are already done that I'd want. My question is, what do you guys think about it? Any red flags that come up?

Ford : Mustang | eBay

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Looks like a good car, my only thing is that it's a clone. There's nothing wrong with owning a clone, but be prepared to receive a lot of trash talk from people. Some people will be nice and appreciate that it was well done, etc. Others will go on and on about how your car is a poser, and isn't a 'real' Cobra.

Do what you want, it looks like a good car, and if you can deal with the small number of people who will have a problem with you, then go for it. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Kind of seems like that car may have had a blower strapped to it at one point...??? Something to think about....

Looks like a pretty good car. Lots of mods and let's face it, people run the shiit out of Mustangs modded or not so you might as well get the mods at a discount price.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had a clone that was very nice, and difficult to tell apart. If you could get past the critisizm, you'll be fine. Looks good, 4 previous owners though. If you're not in a rush, I'll send you more info about it tomorrow.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had a clone that was very nice, and difficult to tell apart. If you could get past the critisizm, you'll be fine. Looks good, 4 previous owners though. If you're not in a rush, I'll send you more info about it tomorrow.:bigthumbsup
Thanks for the comments guys! I don't know- with all the mods I am kind of sketchy only because the guy may have ran the crap out of it. he also isn't responding to my email and the auction ends today! Either way, the price point is good...so far. Makes me curious why there is only 4 pictures and why he only set the reserve at 7k

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I asked this

Dear reterkowski,

Hello,
I have a few questions on the stang. First of all, I am located in Tampa, FL so I am about 3 hours from you. I could do the down payment via paypal and give you the rest in cash. I have a few questions before I bid.

Why was the rear end replaced?
Why was the drive train replaced?
Is there any problems such as ticking or anything of that nature worth noting?
Anything I should know otherwise?

He replyed with this

its the original drive train with modifications and no ticking. there was a slight one in the followers. i bought new ones and never installed them. the sound went away.

Thoughts?

·
Banned
12,436 Posts
yeah I agree it looks like it had a blower at one time and now doesn't, car may have been dogged...I'd skip it

·
Registered
806 Posts
Well since your only two hours away i would go for a test drive and walk around of the vechile. Also it seems like a good deal because it already has a built motor and is ready for boost. i would get it if the reserve is only at 7k.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I would want to know why he took the blower off....definately looks like it had a blower, but looks wise its very good..since you are 3 hrs away why not see it in person maybe well worth the trip..just saying

·
Registered
806 Posts
I would want to know why he took the blower off....definately looks like it had a blower, but looks wise its very good..since you are 3 hrs away why not see it in person maybe well worth the trip..just saying
maybe he wanted to keep the blower for a project later on down the road.....

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
maybe he wanted to keep the blower for a project later on down the road.....
If he truly had a blower on it, he probably should have stated that in the description. It just seems a little shady to me.

·
Registered
806 Posts
If he truly had a blower on it, he probably should have stated that in the description. It just seems a little shady to me.
very true, i didnt really read too much into the description. Maybe he put those gauges in when he re built the motor in effort to have the supporting mods when he did put the blower on, im just giving trying to keep an open mind. Although this is an internet sale and most people selling things on the internet now a days are out there to screw you. I lost 5k on a car one time, thought it was the deal of a lifetime when i was 17 and i wired the guy his money and waited a couple days for him to send me confirmation that the car was shipped and i got nothing, no money back, no car, NO HELP. Now im 21 waiting on my car that i will never get or my 5k that ill never see again, like everyone else has stated it may be a great deal but do a good deal of research before you go buying a car on the internet. also why doesnt he have more pics of the car? that throws me off right there. if you dont get this one then you may find a better one done the line.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
I would skip man sounds like he didnt have a clue on what he was doing....24lb injectors???? unless they was changed sounds like he was getting the motor to where he could install a blower.

I will give you this advice.....looking at something online to buy expecially a car/parts if you have to ask the seller a million questions and get things out of him that should have been listed in the first place i wouldnt waste my time....example i was looking at a used novi 2000 kit for my car off ebay the guy emailed me pics of the kit i asked him if he had it on his car how many miles how much power he was making...he told me he bought it used and sold his car before being able to install it....i looked closer at the pic and noticed he said whole kit and this kit retails for over 4k.....i asked him where the FMU was, Belt, and the intake tube/elbow that connects to the head unit....his response was no belt no FMU and no intake tube so its not a complete kit then and i can buy the same kit brand spanking new with a warrenty for 3535 of steeda i mean come on and hell a vortech tunner kit for 2800 brand new with warrenty and he was trying to sell what he had for 2200 and expect me to take his word everything was good plus the brackets looked like **** and the head unit was dirty as hell so i decided i will buy a new unit insteed of going with something used unless i find a deal i can handle to depend on.

Good Luck on your search for a Mustang but my biggest advise is to take your time you will know when you find one!!

·
Banned
3,705 Posts
1. How is that a clone? It's got a Cobra front end. Big deal. No one cares unless you start putting Cobra badges on it. I'll eventually put Termi bumpers on my car... that doesn't make it a clone.

2. The car is sold

3. It had 70k miles on it. Fairly low. Looks clean, and judging by the mods, I think he had a pretty good idea of what he was doing.

4. I'll bet you a million bucks he had a centri on it and removed it so he could put it on his next car.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts