Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok like the title says. I dont think my car is loud enough, you can see what I have in my signature. So I am kinda of looking to replace the Flowmasters with something. Something that is just gonna be like SMACK......I'M RICK JAMES BIOTCH. Instead of the whole. Listen to me I sound like every other mustang with o/r pipes and flows. I called Bassani cause they sound mean as shite and he told me that Flows are actually louder so they are pretty much out. But like I say, dont think that just cause your idea is insane and just way to god awful loud that it wouldn't be considered, cause those are just the kinda ideas I go for.

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
why not slp loudmouth catback? if your car is a 02 and not an 87. where are you from? want to sell your bullit wheels?

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have MagnaFlows and get tons of compliments on the sound, and still have my cats, but not for long. O/R pipe is here and awaiting install.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lxarlo said:
why not slp loudmouth catback? if your car is a 02 and not an 87. where are you from? want to sell your bullit wheels?
Well if the offer is the right price I am willing to sell anything. But I was kinda thinkin bout makin them winter wheels with all season tires but for the right price they could be for sale.

And on the SLP stuff, isnt that just like a glasspack or something, like a straight through race mufler?? So maybe I could just yank out the flows and put in some dynomax race bullets or something? Wonder how that would sound?

Oh yes and I am from Henderson, KY

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mana4Real said:
I had a BBK O/R X pipe with the magnaflow catback. It was insanely loud.

You say insanely loud but you must understand, I have a Dodge Ram that was my DD and it had 1 3/4" headers with 2.5" straight pipe with and x-pipe and then the race bullets, and before that it was Edelbrock shorties with a universal x-pipe and no mufflers of any type. Now that is insanely loud.

G

·
87_5point0 said:
Well if the offer is the right price I am willing to sell anything. But I was kinda thinkin bout makin them winter wheels with all season tires but for the right price they could be for sale.

And on the SLP stuff, isnt that just like a glasspack or something, like a straight through race mufler?? So maybe I could just yank out the flows and put in some dynomax race bullets or something? Wonder how that would sound?
Well slp makes the resonators which is straight through, called the loudmouth system and then I think they make a real muffler too now. Yes bullets would probably be about the same as slp resonators and cheaper too.

G

·
87_5point0 said:
You say insanely loud but you must understand, I have a Dodge Ram that was my DD and it had 1 3/4" headers with 2.5" straight pipe with and x-pipe and then the race bullets, and before that it was Edelbrock shorties with a universal x-pipe and no mufflers of any type. Now that is insanely loud.
You never heard my car :laughlitt

G

·
Mana4Real said:
You never heard my car :laughlitt

Thats cuz it was so quiet :sterb: J/k. Anyways 87_5pointO i think u would be happy with straight throught type resonators like magnapack, dynomax bullets and slp. Would be very loud. I wanna get a set of bullets for now too until i get my slp cat back one day.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Do an ALL CUSTOM exhaust.

Stainless Steel including X Pipe.
Take the Straight thru Flow masters (resonators) as the only silencers
I Did that on my 1970 Dodge Challenger R/T... ... sounds scary!!!

Keep in mid that this might not be road legal! But sounds great

·
Registered
673 Posts
You obviously care more about how it sounds rather than how it performs, so just remove the cats and mufflers and run straight 3" pipes and dump em out right before the rear tire. It'll be INSANELY LOUD like you want, but more than likely perform like ass.

·
Registered
14 Posts
look at my sig...my exhaust is illegally loud, but it sounds tuned.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I have Magnapacks with a Magnaflow Tru X w/c and it is very loud and sounds damn good at idle too.If you want loud with just adding mufflers go with single chamber Flows.I had them on before my current setup and loved it exept for the drone.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
OK.. this is what you do you get headers. then you add a electric cut out right after the headers and just run open headers. then on the plus side you have your exhaust still that you can enable if you are going by a cop or hospital "we" should be quiet around.

i ran my old 1978 Camaro to the muffler shop with open headers, now let me tell you. theres no better sound that a small block V8 Running exhaust right out of headers. well there open headers with a cam.. but thats your call.

·
Registered
436 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
carguy1985 said:
i ran my old 1978 Camaro to the muffler shop with open headers, now let me tell you. theres no better sound that a small block V8 Running exhaust right out of headers. well there open headers with a cam.. but thats your call.

agreed. i did the same with 600 lift in a 350... ooooo boy!:happyhapp

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 4.6 with long tubes, o/r x-pipe and spintech sportsman series mufflers. Had the prostreet series but got to many tickets... They were almost TOO loud... I am taking the Spintechs off and putting on the Moroso Spiral Race Bullitts... But if you want a sound that is one of a kind get the Spintechs... Nothing else sounds like them. I made 5 more HP to the tires with the spintech pros than the 2-chamber flows... (Dyno runs on the same day with in hours) I have had them on my last 5 cars.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Here's an idea. Keep your setup for when you don't wan't to be outragiously loud but have cut-outs welded into your mid-pipes right after your long tubes. They sell for about $70. And to make it easy to open and close from inside your car at anytime get the electronic opener for $300. This way when you want them to SCREAM "IM RICK JAMES *****!!!!!!" you can but when your driving by the old folks home you still have your existing system to calm your rumble. Everything you need for this is at www.summitracing.com

·
Registered
760 Posts
Yes a one chamber flow is pretty loud. I kinda am liking borla I heard it on a cobra and it sounded pretty good and was louder than mine with flows. I have never seen the electric cut outs have heard of them and seen them on a car but never seen them on the internet. does anyone know where I could look at them and price.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.