Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am interestedin getting a Mustang Convertible. Just the base model with some extras. Nothing too fancy. This would be my very first Mustang though.

What do I have to expect in regards to pricing? Is a price below MSRP possible yet? I even heard a few weeks ago that some dealers charge even more than MSRP to sell a convertible due to high demand.

Should I be looking for a 2005 or 2006 model (when would I be able to expect a 2006 model to be available)?

Thanks for any feedback.

Chris

·
Registered
816 Posts
nsusa said:
I am interestedin getting a Mustang Convertible. Just the base model with some extras. Nothing too fancy. This would be my very first Mustang though.

What do I have to expect in regards to pricing? Is a price below MSRP possible yet? I even heard a few weeks ago that some dealers charge even more than MSRP to sell a convertible due to high demand.

Should I be looking for a 2005 or 2006 model (when would I be able to expect a 2006 model to be available)?

Thanks for any feedback.

Chris
I was lucky. My dealer didn't have a clue about the value of the new Mustang. Being a small dealership, mine was the first vert they had ordered. I got mine for almost $900.00 under MSRP. I was told just last week by my salesman that they don't discount them anymore, and that I was lucky to have ordered when I did.
It depends on the dealership whether they mark them up or not. It also depends on if you want a V6 or GT. I have seen many V6 verts just sitting on dealer lots. Don't know if it is because no one wants one, or the dealers are just greedy and expect people to pay over MSRP for a V6.
Good luck finding an '05 this late in the game. If I were you, I would order an '06, make the best deal possible, and start the waiting game. :thumbsup

·
Registered
184 Posts
nsusa said:

Thanks for any feedback.

Chris
If you want a 2005 GT convertible, be prepared to buy out of state, somewhere in the South. I've noticed that the dealers around here (Alabama) are just now getting in the ones that people ordered back in January and ditched because they found one faster somewhere else. For example, my local dealer still has a white GT Vert manual with charcoal interior. Its MSRP. He also has a grey one, but I'm not sure of the specs on it. If that small of a dealer has 2 GT Verts, then I'm sure the larger dealers have more than that. Decide what you want and start searching the internet on the Dealer inventory sites.

If you want a 2006, get your order in and join the waiting game.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts