Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to purchase some new catbacks and was wondeing if anyone has any information on the name brand PYPES. I have enjoyed my Flowmasters but they are old and need to be retired. The price of the Pypes catbacks seem reasonable and the sound clip on their website sounds good but it's always good to get advice form someone who might own some.

·
Registered
96 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
HAHa. Actually got it today. I'm shocked, as I live in Canada and it was coming from Virginia and only took 3 days! Anyhow, the quality looks great, and the system comes packed in styrofoam padding and with the polished stainless tails wrapped as well. Pypes abviously cares about what their customers get. They also include all hardware plus, a T-shirt, stickers, magnets and a pack of vintage musclecar trading cards. Neat!

I'll post back up in a few days with how installation went and the sound.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Well, got it in and all I can say is WOW! Took me 1.5 hours start to finish. It went in and lined up with minimal effort, especially the tails, they almost fell into the right spot! I probably spent more time scraping the stickers off of the parts then actually installing them.

The sound is awesome. I have BBK Lt's and BBK off- road H, and it has a nice throaty idle, and screams when you get on it. There's only a tiny amount of drone if you hold it right at 1800 RPM then it's gone by 1900, where it's actually fairly quiet, but it only takes the tiniest amount of throttle before she's howling again. Definately beats Flows hands down.

Overall, I would give PYPES a 9.5 out of 10. The workmanship and sound is awsome. I would not hesitate to buy from them again, and definatly reccomend the cat back.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is great news! I couldn't stand it any longer and went ahead and ordered the Pypes. They should arrive before the weekend so I am getting my son (who owns a 03 Cobra) to help out. Maybe he won't drown me out so bad when he comes over. Thanks again for the info!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.